Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app won't change to the correct temperature unit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife bought me a versa 3 for my birthday and I have so far been very unimpressed. Everything is beyond complicated switching back and forth between phone and watch to try and get things working. Not sure why I have to go to my app to change some things but use my watch for others. Pick one and stick to it. Now I have come to the problem that my weather displays in Celsius. I have read the forums and everything says go to account and click the versa then click apps. I have no tab that says apps. As much money as she spent I would like to do something as simple as know the temperature outside. Have had this watch for a week and my initial impressions are that my wife was screwed.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @18benhga. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your Versa 3. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

As @Guy_ has mentioned, you need to go to the Gallery tile, not to the App tile. With that being said, please follow the steps below:

To change the units used for the temperature in the Weather app:

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image > Gallery > Weather. You might need to swipe up to find the app.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.

If the above doesn't do the trick, I'd recommend to try switching to a clock face that actually shows both units of measurements, Celsius and Fahrenheit, as not all clock faces will show the temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit even when you've set it to be that way. For more information, see How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

I've moved your post to the App Gallery board for organization purposes.

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, @18benhga -  They changed the way to get to the Weather app settings to change temperature - you now need to go to the Gallery tile, not the Apps tile.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there, @18benhga. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your Versa 3. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

As @Guy_ has mentioned, you need to go to the Gallery tile, not to the App tile. With that being said, please follow the steps below:

To change the units used for the temperature in the Weather app:

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image > Gallery > Weather. You might need to swipe up to find the app.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.

If the above doesn't do the trick, I'd recommend to try switching to a clock face that actually shows both units of measurements, Celsius and Fahrenheit, as not all clock faces will show the temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit even when you've set it to be that way. For more information, see How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

I've moved your post to the App Gallery board for organization purposes.

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Same problem, but I like my analog clock face and do not wish to change it. I do hope Fitbit can correct this problem. I also use Fahrenheit, which I have clicked on my app, but my versa 3 continues to display Celsius.

Best Answer

Hi @Jillikins - this might be clearer, there are 2 places to change temperature units. How to change Temperature - for Weather, Centigrade - Fahrenheit, Versa 3, especially last sentence. It should allow you to keep your current clock face.

It may also be possible that the clock face you are using has it's own setting for temperature units, or may be has none and defaults to one type irrespective.

If you swipe up to see weather that should follow the settings you make in the Weather App.

Best Answer
Thank you, pursuing weather through the app worked! Appreciatively,
Jillikins
Happy New Year!
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

When I go into gallery it tells me there's no internet connection, when I go to wifi it says connected with full bars. This thing is such a waist of money and time. Why are there so many redundancies? why do I have to do the same thing in multiple places just to get it to function?? Why wasn't this a part of the initial guided setup?? This Fitbit is the least intuitive piece of electronics I've ever owned in my life. Nothing is easily found, nothing is easily done, and it's obviously a problem with most of the community, yet you guys choose not to solve the issue. Nobody has answers for me if this doesn't get solved real quickly it's going back to the store and getting terrible reviews. Please help me 🙏

Best Answer

Hi @NateDogg666  - the Fitbit App requires a direct internet connection for the gallery, that's why you get the message.

Generally it is a setting on the phone that's stops that access. See no internet connection.

Best Answer
Yes, that worked. Thank You sooo much, I've been going crazy for two days.
Best Answer