Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app won't update on my Versa 4

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've got my Fitbit Versa 4 recently but so far the Weather App has only worked once.

I have internet and bluetooth working, sync ten times in sequence on my iphone... and weather still does not show up. 

I have the location as "always on" and bluetooth activated for the App. And yes, I'm connected to the internet and bluetooth is always on.

So, besides the miracle event where it worked once, it just doesn't work.

What else couldI troubleshoot?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @daluan. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with the weather app before reaching out. 

In addition to the steps you've done, please try the following in the order listed:

• Unpair your Versa 4 from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Versa 4.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa 4.
  • Once your Versa 4 is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Versa 4 first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

Once the above has been done, please check the following settings:

• Location services must be turned on for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?
  • The Fitbit app must remain running in the background on your phone.

If you change locations, sync your device to see your new location in the Weather app. If you're running into syncing difficulties, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

I've moved your post to the Fitbit App Gallery board for organization purposes.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @daluan. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with the weather app before reaching out. 

In addition to the steps you've done, please try the following in the order listed:

• Unpair your Versa 4 from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Versa 4.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa 4.
  • Once your Versa 4 is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Versa 4 first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

Once the above has been done, please check the following settings:

• Location services must be turned on for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?
  • The Fitbit app must remain running in the background on your phone.

If you change locations, sync your device to see your new location in the Weather app. If you're running into syncing difficulties, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

I've moved your post to the Fitbit App Gallery board for organization purposes.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your kind and long answer.

I got it to work but I noticed that it only updates the weather when I manually sync the iphone with the Fitbit. In the morning, for example, it still shows the weather of the previous day, till I go to the app and sync it. It will not update again unless I return to the app later to sync it again.

The App has localization set as always on.

Is it supposed to automatically update the weather from time to time?

Best Answer
0 Votes