Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"App Configuration Failed - Visit the Gallery to retry" Error message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just switched to the Versa and I'm starting to think I should have never done so. My AltaHR NEVER gave me this much trouble. After attempting for hours to get the Versa setup and the update installed I THOUGHT I finally got it. But after installing a new watch face and a few apps, I selected a few more apps to install and now I've been getting repeated notifications on my phone from Fitbit that "App Configuration Failed - Visit the Gallery to retry". I visit the Gallery and there are 4 apps that won't download and continuously try to download to the phone. This app is draining my battery thanks to this. How do I get these apps to delete and stop trying to download/update?

I have a Samsung S7- Android version 8.0.0

I've cleared my cache numerous times. Deleted the app off the phone, restarted the phone and then reinstalled the Fitbit app (i've done this twice) and still those stupid 4 apps keep trying to download/install.

Please help! How do I make them stop!?!?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome on board @beijosTif, it's nice to see you around the forums! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience.

While reading your post I was wondering how many apps you have installed? Also, I'd like you to provide me with the names of the apps you're trying to download. 

Up to 39 apps can be installed on your watch at a time. Your watch must be connected to Wi-Fi in order for some apps to install or update. For instructions on connecting your watch to Wi-Fi, see How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi?

To install an app:

1. With your watch nearby, on the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon () > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps > All Apps.
  3. Browse the available apps. When you find the one you want to install, tap or click it.
  4. Tap or click Install.
  5. Some apps require certain permissions in order to work properly, such as access to the internet or the ability to run in the background. Review these requested permissions and tap or click Install to add the app to your watch. Note that some permissions can cause your phone to use more data. If you decide at a later time that you don’t want an app to have certain permissions, you can adjust these permissions later.

If the issue persists, I'd recommend taking a look at the article: How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit watch?

I'll be around, keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes