Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Clear Beam" Watch Face Customization Problem?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The face titled Clear Beam is one that I like, but it looks like the "hex code" customization is not working.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I am using real 6 character Hex code following the # but none show any change.  Any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi!

A new version is published in the app gallery. The Problem with the customization is, that the companion is not working sometimes. According to a chat on a discord-server, there are many developers having this issue with their apps and watchfaces.

Sometimes, it helps to restart the fitbit-app on the mobile device and to sync with the ionic before entering the seetings of the watchface. 

I'm not sure if there is a bug in the watchface or somewhere else, but I will go on trying to solve the issue.

However, there was a bug in the watchface, which made the ionic lose the settings after restarting the watchface. This is fixed now, so, please update to the new version (1.2).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

All the best and a merry christmas to everybody!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

I am having the same issue. It worked for a little but has stopped. I am hoping this gets resolved because this is the best face by far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem too.  This is by far my favorite watch face for any fitness watch I have used thus far.  I hope this is updated, even though I like the current grey and red theme.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems that the communication between app and device is not working properly. I'll take a look at it next week. 

Best Answer

Hi!

A new version is published in the app gallery. The Problem with the customization is, that the companion is not working sometimes. According to a chat on a discord-server, there are many developers having this issue with their apps and watchfaces.

Sometimes, it helps to restart the fitbit-app on the mobile device and to sync with the ionic before entering the seetings of the watchface. 

I'm not sure if there is a bug in the watchface or somewhere else, but I will go on trying to solve the issue.

However, there was a bug in the watchface, which made the ionic lose the settings after restarting the watchface. This is fixed now, so, please update to the new version (1.2).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

All the best and a merry christmas to everybody!

Best Answer

Ah, that explains problems with So So So many faces where a master reset makes it work for me, but not otherwise. Thanks for the post. 

Best Answer

Thank you Sam for creating such a great watch face and continuing to make improvements.

Best Answer

I agree, thanks for looking into it! 

Best Answer

I'm glad that you like it! Smiley Very Happy

Another hint: Sometimes it helps (at least for me) to turn off bluetooth while the fitbit app is running and to turn it on again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the tutorial for changing the colors? I don't know the hex codes to put in and the change screen said there was a tutorial somewhere... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a misunderstanding. Just search the web for "hex color codes" and you will find a lot of pages with examples and explanations. There is no tutorial in the watchface or watchface-description.

Best Answer

Dear Sam. Thanks for the great clockface. It is the one I like the most. Actually I often try another one, but after 20 minutes I'm back to yours. Very well done

I have some suggestion though if I may.

1. Text for battery is too small for my eyes. Would it be an option to make it bigger and/or move the battery icon below and horizontally?

2. The bottom right part is empty. Is there an option to put weather temperature down there?

3. Minor: the Color schemes changes unvolontarely as an example when you have a shower. Might it be an option to let the user change it only through the app?

Many thanks anyway 

Roberto

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Spada,

sorry for my late answer, I did not recieve a notification.

1. I can try to improve the battery-display with the next update.

2. Sorry, I will not include weather information since the companion is quite buggy and not always working as intended.

3. Well, this is also a decision due to to the problems with the companion. Thus, I want to keep it this way.

All the best,

Sam

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. Thanks a lot for your reply
Looking forward for the next update
Regards
Roberto
Best Answer
0 Votes

This was also a favorite watch face for me to, I just wish the fonts on the small numbers were slightly bolder.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Am having this problem and have tried your solutions with no resolution... help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

it kicked in about an hour later... so its all good. just a bit frustrating but the clock face is the best so will put up with it!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome @KLoukes! I'm glad to hear you're back on track with the clock face. 

Hey @SunsetRunner, keep us updated if something on the app changes or gets implemented! Woman Very Happy

Have a great week you all! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes