Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Game Golf available on Fitbit Versa?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey

Has anybody tried to install Game Golf on the Versa? Deciding if I should by a Versa but can't find a good answer on this one...

Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @PezmannenWe appreciate your interest in the Game Golf app on Versa. This app will be unique to Ionic at this time because of the on-board GPS on Ionic. We encourage Versa users to check out the many other apps and clock faces available in the Fitbit App Gallery.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Woman Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @PezmannenWe appreciate your interest in the Game Golf app on Versa. This app will be unique to Ionic at this time because of the on-board GPS on Ionic. We encourage Versa users to check out the many other apps and clock faces available in the Fitbit App Gallery.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Woman Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Oh. What a dealbreaker for me 😞 I was hoping that paired with a phone gps it would work anyways

Best Answer

That's not really a reason... The connected GPS would do the job just fine. 

By the same logic, you shouldn't be able to track a run with the Versa because it has no on-board GPS... 

I just ordered the Versa assuming the Golf app would be available on it, because it has connected GPS.

Best Answer

Please report back on how it works!

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Pezmannen wrote:

Please report back on how it works!

It probably won't be available, as he said. I just don't understand the reason behind it. 

I will most likely make a a golf companion app for the Versa, just to be able to count strokes and other simple things. I won't have access to the courses and everything, but at least it's something... 

Best Answer

The reason is simple: they don't know what they're doing. They've realized that their one-trick fitness trackers are the reason they are hemorrhaging money, and they think the answer is forcing this anemic app ecosystem down our throats.

They don't care about making a functioning smartwatch that integrates with Fitbit.. but rather creating a Fitbit tracker that can masquerade as a smartwatch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently it is only available on the Ionic, which I have. The Versa is a bit on the cheesy side and since it doesn’t support the Golf app, back to Fitbit it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So the versa does not support golf courses?

That is a shame, imwould have bought one if it did. 

Best Answer
0 Votes