Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strava app records wrong time and month on ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

strava app shows wrong month and dates for recorded activities... did a ride today 21.Dec 5pm yet on the ionic strava app the date shows up as Jan.10 12.46 a.m??? in ph. fitbit app shows correct month,date and time. same with ph strava app... yet on the ionic the map etc is correct but dates and times and month are wrong.? Why? and can i change it ti the correct times etc.? 

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hello @T.J, nice to have you here in the Fitbit Community in this occasion. I had a similar issue when I started testing the Ionic with Strava. For some reason when the data was transferred to Ionic two exercise in particular where showing incorrect information.

In my case I was not able to resolve the trouble since this information was synced already in my tracker, but I never try the following suggestions.

The possible solution would be to start from a clean slate. Meaning that you need to revoke the access of Strava from your Applications settings, using your online Dashboard. Once you have done this, proceed to set up your tracker back to your account. (Is not require you remove the tracker from your account). Just follow the steps to add a new device from your Account Tab. This post might guide you through.

Don't worry since your information in Fitbit won't be lose. What I'm trying to achieve here with these steps, is to clear the information from Strava so the correct date shows in your exercise. Now just to complete this process, access to the Application setting in your Fitbit app and go to Strava App. Tap in the gear icon and review if your Strava account is Authorized. If is not, this is exactly what we are looking for. Go ahead and authorized one more time the Access from Strava and review if this time your information is correct.

Keep me posted how it goes. See you later.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same issue with my Ionic which I activated for the first time yesterday (12/25/17).  Runs prior to 12/19/17 show the correct date.  Later runs, some which were recorded with my Surge, have very strange dates with negative numbers in the date field.  All runs are recorded properly in the Fitbit app and within Strava.

Best Answer

It seems that I have the exact same issue, date with negative numbers in the strava app of the ionic for a bike run recorded yesterday with my ionic and sync with strava 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm having the same problem!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME Hi Thank you for your suggestions I tried everything u suggested but unfortunately it didnt make any difference 😞   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problems. The runs in the photo are of today and december 2620171228_211617.jpg

Best Answer

@Iljaverweij  exactly the same dates I'm getting too. weird, The fitbit and strava apps on Ph show correct dates and times though. Hope they find a solution soon. 

Best Answer

I am having same issues any one have ideas ave ideas how To correct 

1365970C-D937-4A59-A712-462DA9B3C2C8.jpeg

Best Answer

@DOWLAN    not so far, Ive done a few things liike reset, shut down ionic uninstall app, reinstall app etc on phone, and laptop  etc  Nothing changed. Hope they find the issue soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine is doing  exactly the same...... as all of you are saying.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue over the past 2 runs. Hopefully this doesn't continue beyond Jan 1 or that FitBit or Strava can find a way to correct the issue. 12:-13AM??
IMG_20171231_145526.jpgIMG_20171231_145543.jpg

Best Answer

Update. I Went for a ride today and strava app on ionic showed correct date,month and time, Tuesday Jan.2  😄   I didn't change anything or do anything different to ionic. The only thing that's different is we have gone from 2017 to 2018 😉 Hope it continues and the strava app issue is all sorted out now 🙂 

Best Answer

Me too! Went for a Parkrun 1st January and the date is correct!! And has been so far.... The last two weeks still record weird dates though- 01/00 ,  01/-1,  01/-7 ,but the 12/18 is the last correct run date for me.....

Best Answer

@jowanale   same for me,  all previous runs etc dates are all still wrong. However if it continues to give the date,and times etc from now on I can live with that. 😉 

Best Answer

image.jpg

Looks like it fixed itself  

Best Answer

Same here dates are fixed as of today but previous dates no good 

Best Answer

Are they scratches? I bought a protective film off Ebay and a bumper wrist band. Its awesome!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No just gone camera light 

Best Answer

Hi there Fitbit users, thank you for sharing your comments regarding the details of this issue with Strava. My apologies for not posting any update recently.

Rest assure all the information has been forwarded to our teams and they are already working to find a resolution to roll a fix in the future. 

If something new comes up, I'll make sure to keep you all informed.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes