Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation has failed - error message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For some reason I can’t login in on my Fitbit coach app. I’ve changed my password but it didn’t helped. I always get an error message telling me the validation has failed. 

Could you help me? 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

Welcome to the Community @Priscille007! It's great to hear that you've tried changing your password. I would like you to confirm you've tried the following procedure: 

- Reset your password from the web dashboard 

- When you're resetting it, it's recommendable to reset to the same password as your Fitbit password 

- Try log-in with your email and newly created password 

- Go to Fitbit Coach settings and reconnect Fitbit account (If you disconnect it) 

Keep me posted! Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Cant log into fitbit coach 

validation error

ive tried using my same details as my fitbit account but it still wont let me in

also deleted the app and reinstated it - still no joy

Best Answer

Having the same log in issues and error message as others.  Have attempted troubleshooting recommendations without success.  Any further ideas to solve this problem?

Best Answer
No nothing yet

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the troubleshoot you've followed @Penny53 and @Stars75! Currently, this is a bug that our engineers and developers are aware of and looking forward to resolve it. 

As an alternative solution, you can also try log into Fitbit Coach using your computer as it seems to affect only the app. 

Your patience and understanding is appreciated. 

Best Answer

Hi - i can't login into coach even in the web.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @TaliEscher! I would like you to confirm you've tried the following troubleshooting, this has worked for some users previously: 

- Delete Fitbit Coach app on your phone 

- Try "Login with Fitbit" or "Login with Email" and manually enter log your email address and password 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I paid for Fitbit coach.  I can't log in.  I've done the live chat thing twice without resolution.  I try to log in with Fitbit, it tells me I already have an account.  I try to log in Facebook nothing happens.  Or when I try to log in I get ERROR Validation Failed:  OKAY  I've even tried to log in via Fitstar.  I get the Error validation failed.  I tried deleting, rebooting my phone and reinstalling the FitCoach app.  Nope doesn't work.

If anyone can help that's great.  Otherwise I"ll have to suffer through a call or live chat to get a refund.

Very Frustrated.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer

Yes, very annoying. It happened also to me when they linked FitBit - FitBit Coach accounts. Long emails with help desk, at the end we reset my profile and set for both apps. Now it works. Suggestion: contact them and be patient. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner! Sorry to hear about the error message you're getting on Fitbit Coach. I've noticed you already contacted our Customer Service team, please continue the communication via email, they will be assisting you on this matter. 

Hey there @SunsetRunner. Thanks for your advice. 

I'll be around if you have any other question. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel your pain in the same boat, was in the phone forever and still no fix, same error. Was told to try it again tomorrow and if it still won't work to call back in.  Who's got the time. I want to workout at the end of day, not trouble shoot on the phone. 

Fingers crossed that the magic fix will happen overnight! 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue (still) and the troubleshooting tips did not work. Uninstall/reinstall, and also tried manually entering my login info. This has been going on for several weeks now. Any resolution? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @KimG12! I appreciate the troubleshoot that you've tried.  Currently, this is a bug that our team is investigating and working toward a resolution. 

Your understanding and patience is truly appreciated! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having this issue. I’ve been a subscriber for three years. It’s unacceptable that this login bug has persisted for months and the subscription isn’t cheap, so I’m cancelling my subscription today and finding workout help on YouTube.

Best Answer

Good for you! I’m pretty fed up and it’s only been a few weeks  for me. I’ve alreasy moved on to another app. What a shame for this to be such a persistent issue. 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @krxfit and @KimG12. Your feedback is totally appreciated and Fitbit is always reviewing the Community and passing those comments to our developer team. 

Hope you can give us another opportunity in the future. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t understand why this isn’t a higher priority for FitBit.

We pay for access to ‘FitBit coach’ or at least are willing to. We can’t exactly move our computers everytime...

Is there an estimated restoration time? Are you issuing credits to people?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit I am having the same problem and cannot even access Fitbit Coach using a web browser, because it insists that my email is already connected to another account - indeed it is (via my Fitbit account) but won’t let me log in! 

And yes, I have attempted the various suggested troubleshooting methods. Nothing is working. How can Fitbit encourage us to use Fitbit Coach and not let us access it? What’s the point? 

Please advise us as to what the timeline for resolution of this problem will be. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. I was so excited to find this and now can’t login. It’s pretty bad that this has been going on for months now for paid users. I’m thinking a refund is in order for those who are paying and haven’t had access. Come on Fitbit, you’ve been awesome, let’s not drop the ball. 

Best Answer
0 Votes