Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To: Edit Your Post

Did you create a post to contribute to the conversation in the forums? Awesome! Did you notice that you made a typo or excluded crucial information? Not a problem! Every Community member has the ability to edit a post that they have made. Below are the steps to take to edit your post:

1. Select the Options dropdown at the top right corner of your post. On this menu, select the Edit Reply option. This will take you back to your post for editing.

Screenshot 2015-11-02 12.41.15.png

2. Make your changes to the post body, then select Post and the new published version will reflect any changes you've made. 

Screenshot 2014-09-25 16.03.20.png

After publishing an update, you will be dropped back on the main discussion page. You will also be able to view the revision history with any edits you've made to your post by selecting View Edit History under Options

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

How do you edit a reply in a group?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ladi_poet Groups are different there is no Edit in them

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@ladi_poet @WendyB @mitala Thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the Community. @ladi_poet Like @WendyB mentioned, there is actually no option to edit a reply in a group, however you can delete it and post a new one.

delete.jpg

Hope to see you around more often. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn't see away to delete it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ladi_poet I just double checked and like you mentioned, there is actually no option to delete replies on Activity Groups. My apologies. However, if you would like to, I will be happy to delete your post from the Activity Group for you to write a new one.

Catch you later. Cat Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! That would be awesome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ladi_poet It's done. Smiley Very Happy

On another note, you are welcome to participate in the Discussions board. You will find very interesting topics to join and discuss.

Thanks for stopping by, see you around. Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't see away to delete it.

thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Heck, I'd just like to start a post - and the button for "Start Topic" is greyed out, so not sure how to begin!  I have some questions (new to FitBit), and would like to be able to ask them!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cjsbabygirl That button is only grayed out on this board. You can start a new post on any other board - I'd recommend using the left-panel navigation to find the one most relevant to your interest, and post there. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no onion that appears over any of my posts, so I don't understand how you can see that but I can't?

I figured out what... I have my inter app on dark mode, and that makes the 3 black dots invisible. Sorry

Best Answer

It's nice to see you here, @Renewed_mind.

Thanks for the details and updates about this situation. I'm glad you were able to find the dots to edit your post. In case you have some spare time, check out our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends, find inspiring stories and great tips to live a healthy life.

Have a good one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What does it mean when you see a notification on your post that let's you see "Who Me Too'd this topic"? 

I genuinely have no idea how this forum works and would really appreciate some help understanding what's what and what that means in context of my post or "topic" I made.

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

Hi @GreenPotatoGem, and welcome on board.

Thanks for joining the Community Forums. About your inquiry, let me explain that whenever a new thread is created, the Affects Me Too button can be selected by any other member if they're having the same question. Then, they can share their feedback or the steps that worked for them in the comments below. Because you received a notification, it means another member selected that button as they're having the same issue you posted.

To learn more about how to navigate through the Community Forums, please check this postHappy exploring! 😎

Best Answer

I looked everywhere for this button but it is not there. The only button on my post besides the number of votes and +Affects me too is the three dots and "edit reply" is not one of the options.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Melissa2834.

Thanks for joining this thread and your efforts while trying to edit your post. Just to confirm, are you trying from a mobile device? If so, could you try using a computer to see if that helps. Take in mind you need to click the three dots at the top right part of your post to edit it.

If by any chance this doesn't work, you can always flag it down and a moderator will handle it appropriately. Have a good one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn't work, the only thing you get is delete or cancel.

Best Answer

Hi there, @edkostiuk.

Thanks for joining this thread, as well as your efforts. While that's odd, could you try closing the browser on your mobile device or computer and trying one more time? Please note you need to click the three dots at the top right part of your post to edit it. If the issue persists, you can always flag your post down so any moderator can handle it appropriately.

Best Answer
0 Votes