Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To: Send Someone a Private Message

ANSWERED

Sending messages is the best way to go about things when you need to reach out to someone privately to thank them for their help, request more specific information, or just say "hi"!

To send someone a private message, do the following: Screenshot 2015-10-20 12.58.20.png

• Click through to the individual's Profile Page
  • Select "Send this user a private message" under Contact Me
  • Compose your message, including as much relevant information as you can
  • Hit "Send" and you're all set

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @HufflepuffLouis, it's nice to see a new member around. @SunsetRunner, thanks for stopping by to help our new friend.

@HufflepuffLouis, I see your point about this and thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll send you a private message to help you with your request.

For everyone else that wants to send a private message, you can try going to the user's profile, tap on the "Send a message " under their name and status. If you don't see that option, the user might have disabled that option.

image.png

See you around. Smiley Happy

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Cool Heart

When not wishing to receive private messages, it's possible to opt-out from your Community Preferences - Private Messenger settings page.

Uncheck the box by Turn on private messages.

The link to send a private message will not be shown onto your about page either, though messages like when gaining new epic forum ranks (thanks to the most epic community) or from Fitbit Staff can still be received.

Best Answer
0 Votes

good job?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have a problem @01020304050?

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I can't see any options to send anyone a private message. I was hoping to contact a  moderator to change my username as my name is Louise but it missed off the last letter of my name and then it was too late to change it :(. Don't want to be using fitbit community with everyone thinking I am a Louis!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I forwarded your message to the Moderator Team. Someone of this team will soon contact you, regards. 

EDIT: just saw that you also posted in the topic "Meet Juan", although this is completely legitimate, it is a bit confusing cause you know asked the same question in two different topics. 

Best Answer

Hi @HufflepuffLouis, it's nice to see a new member around. @SunsetRunner, thanks for stopping by to help our new friend.

@HufflepuffLouis, I see your point about this and thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll send you a private message to help you with your request.

For everyone else that wants to send a private message, you can try going to the user's profile, tap on the "Send a message " under their name and status. If you don't see that option, the user might have disabled that option.

image.png

See you around. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi! I do not see a way to private message. I tried messaging a staff member by going on their profile because of an issue @MarreFitbit in this case, however I do not see a "send message" option. Do I have to enable something?

Best Answer
0 Votes