Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete photo on profile

Hi,

how do I delete my photo, I don't want it displayed in community, and even though I have it set as private in my settings, when I click to view as anyone, my photo is still there

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

When on your profile page. Click where it says Change profile Picture. Once open you will see a delete

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@Lisadance wrote:

Hi,

how do I delete my photo, I don't want it displayed in community, and even though I have it set as private in my settings, when I click to view as anyone, my photo is still there

Hi Lisa

it seems that you didn't manage to delete your photo. Did you find, as I did, that you didn't have the mentioned 'delete button'? All I have is the option to change my photo when what I want is just to delete it. Perhaps you wanted to change yours? I don't want a photo at all. Did you find a way to delete without replacing? Or can anybody else help please? 

@Lisadance wrote:

Best Answer

Setting a photo to private will not keep the owner from seeing the photo. It should only keep others from seeing it.

If you go to fitbit.com, click on your picture, click change profile picture, click delete.

Best Answer

Thank you Rich. After posting I managed to find the delete button and tried a couple of times but just got the message that an error had occurred. It doesn't matter so much now tho' as you tell me that, although I can see the photo, no-one else can.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried deleting my profile photo too to get the standard fitbit profile picture back. My photo is just blank and can' t get anything up now

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Donkey819 there is a new, ongoing issue with profile pictures that fitbit are looking into. Keep an eye on the following thread which has their latest updates:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Unable-to-upload-a-profile-or-cover-photo-to-Fi...

Best Answer
Thankyou SteveH 🙂

Sent from my Samsung device
Best Answer

Fitbit always seems to have issues. I can't delete my profile picture. Not happy. 

Best Answer

Same here. Unable to delete profile pic on android app OR web browser.

Best Answer

The only way I know of deleting would veto change it to a generic picture. 

Best Answer

Hi,

Once you upload a profile picture, Fitbit doesn't seem to allow you to delete it and revert back to the default profile pic. There is a way to do it though. Find one of your Fitbit friends who still has the default pic as their profile pic. Right click on the default pic and do "Save Image As..." to your computer. Then upload that pic from your computer as your profile picture. That's it...you now have the default pic as your profile pic.

Best Answer

not to me

Best Answer
0 Votes