Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do about problems marked solved but that are not solved?

Dear Fitbit community,

What can we do if a problem is not solved, but marked solved?

As I understand it, bringing up the fact that a problem is not solved anywhere other than the "Solved" thread is a violation of the rules.

Thank you,

Andre

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

You could let a Mod or Council Member know and they can unmarked if they agree

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

By problem not solved, what do you mean? 

Generally a user has a I problem and posts a new thread about their problem, when they get an answer that solves the problem they have they, the user that had the problem, marks the solution to help others out. 

So yes the problem was solved for the UP. 

Many times a problem will have different causes and if the solution does not work for another user, they would be better to start a new thread about there problem. This would be more helpful then posting in a solved thread that the problem is not solved. The solution is what writhed for the user who had the problem. 

Best Answer

"You could let a Mod or Council Member know and they can unmarked if they agree.:

What a mod wrote is that they are not the ones who marked it solved, and they can't unmark it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

"By problem not solved, what do you mean?"

Specifically, the Ionic defaults to 0.5 mile cues when running. This is not useful for anyone. In order for the cues to happen for each mile, you have to go into the watch settings every time you go for a run (or go online and change the settings on the dash board every time).

Someone thought the problem was solved and marked it solved, so the entire thread is marked solved, but it is against the rules of the community forums to begin a new thread pointing out that the problem still exists.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive learned that once they decide they arent helping you they will just censor everything you post..  Ive had many taken down. When I ask for an explanation I get no response.

Best Answer

If a post was removed or modyfied, the mod will send a PM explaining. Or the reason will be put in the post. 

As for unmarking a solution, the original poster. V a moderator, or as @WendyB mentioned, anyone on tje Council can unmark. As mentioned, the decision to mark a solution is up to the original poster.

I've seen many threads where the OP asked for an explanation or if it is possible, then see people jump in to say it is not solved because "I can't", in these cases the solution explains why they can't and makes me wonder if the solution was read. 

As for voice cues in the iOS app and its 0.5 this has nothing to do with your ionic hardware. It is an issue with using the iOS app to record a run and I will be glad to move the thread to the iOS board. Of the dozen threads I've seen on this subject, I don't know any that have been marked solved, but I haven't searched them out. 

Best Answer

It's not voice cues, it's exercise cues, i.e., the intervals captured by the device. They default to 0.5 every time, even if you change them on a desktop browser dashboard.

Are you saying that Apple's iOS interferes with this setting, kicking it back to the default?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Specifically, a mod who has replied to the thread says "We’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future" and yet is leaving the thread "Automatic Cue Settings Resetting" marked as "Solved."

In other words, this isn't solved and Fitbit knows it, but it is marked solved, and community rules say that it may not be raised as an issue anywhere else.

Best Answer

Sorry @andrewilliamson but without any information on what the post that seemed to be the subject. We could only guess. 

Can you point to the rule you quote, I'm unaware of this rule since with most issues may have multiple fixes. 

Since this thread seems to have nothing to do with the Ionic hardware I've moved this to the Community Basics Board. 

Best Answer

A mod sent me a PM saying:

"As a friendly reminder, posting the same information in one place or different threads violate our Community Guidelines as cross posting. In the future, I would recommend editing your post instead of posting another comment. Please keep this in mind to prevent further violations in the future."

That's the rule I'm referring to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This rule, common on every forum board. And does not pertain here. 

It refers to a user having an issue and asking help for this issue on several boards. 

Let's say I can't setup an alarm on my Charge 2. So I post a message to the Charge 2 Forum then post the same message to the Android forum and since I tried with my girlfriends iOS device so I post the same message again on the iOS board. 

Now I will receive answers from 3 different sources and no one knows what the other answers are. To confusing to me and to those trying to help. 

Go to the top corner and pull up the guide line's Screenshot_20190814-143013_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer

It's indeed frustrating when a problem is marked as solved but remains unresolved. While it might be against the rules to raise the issue outside the thread, consider reaching out to moderators privately to address the discrepancy. On a related note, navigating the intricacies of problem-solving can be as intricate as crafting in , much like choosing between white terracotta  and blocks to create a unique structure.

Best Answer

Yea mines not solved either and marked solved

Best Answer
0 Votes