Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change displayed name on post

I've checked everywhere I can find and I can't seem to find where you are grabbing my last name for display with my post.  That's not what I have set on the website in the preferences.  Please tell me how to change this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

When you signup to use the forum it asks you for your user name. You must of put it in that way. Its not pulling it from else where.

The Forum is different from the Website prefrences.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thank you for replying. Assuming that's true, the question is still, "How do I change it".

Best Answer

@James_Pullman Community names are permanent and cannot be changed by users, to ensure continuity within forum conversations. I will reach out to you via PM to see if I can assist.

Best Answer

Any changes to this? My legal name shows up, which keeps me from posting anymore?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FlashyGopher This thread is a discussion about Community forum screen names. Your Community forum screen name is "FlashyGopher" - if you'd like to change that, let me know and I will see what I can do to assist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I change my nickname on the forum?  I can't believe there isn't an option somewhere to do this on our own, like every other forum in the world.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BenEGas As mentioned earlier in this thread, we don't allow users to change their own usernames in order to maintain continuity in these threads. The focus of this forum is to help customers discover support information, and that becomes more difficult if the conversation loses context.

If you message me with the specifics of what you'd like to change, I'm happy to make an exception and assist you.

Best Answer

I need help with this too

Best Answer
0 Votes

My friend tried to add someone to my friend's list and somehow ended up changing my community name to their email address.  She told me it said congrats and I looked at my phone, and it says I'm "coolzac22" now.  I have no idea what she did, and I do not know how to change my name back.  I hope my community posts are not stuck as this person's email address.  I think it is really stupid to not allow people to change these names.  I've never posted before and I cannot tell you how she ended up plugging him his name as mine.  I've been with Fitbit for a long time, and I'm expecting this to be corrected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i would like to change as well. i just set it up and accidentally set to this 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes