Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I report private-message-spam by community users?

ANSWERED

I've had a very spammy private message here in the community forums and I'd like to report this person for being generally annoying and possibly violating some community guidelines.

Does anyone know if there is a specific way to do that?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you have received private message spam, please contact me or any other Moderator to let them know the username of the individual who messaged you.  We want to keep this community free of such behavior, and will be sure to address the issue.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

You flag the post. More information here.

You can also find the community guidelines in that area.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
I can't find a way to flag a private message. Did you misread or have I missed something?

There is no mention of the word "spam" in the whole of the page that you linked to.
Best Answer

You're right, I was thinking of posts in a thread. You can also send a private message to Allison or Matthew, who are moderators here.You could forward one of the messages to them and they can proceed from there.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer

If you have received private message spam, please contact me or any other Moderator to let them know the username of the individual who messaged you.  We want to keep this community free of such behavior, and will be sure to address the issue.

Best Answer

I will do that. Thank you. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Matthew, I just read your post comment re reporting spam from 2014 and wondered if you are still a moderator that I can report a spam message to? I'm new to fit bit and don't see anything / flag in my inbox where I can select a message/user to block and report spam. I received a spam email re buying raybans with a dodgy link this morning. Your guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Best Answer

I'm interested in this too. How do you put someone on the Ignore list?

Best Answer

Yep, does this have to be a private message, and, if so, to whom?

Also, seeing how the account name is called Ray-Ban we cal safely assume this isn't a real account (5K3SD9).

Could we get a report/flag button on private messages?

Best Answer

I just received a spam private message from Ray-Ban this morning, too. Looks like they created a fitbit account on 3/17/2017.

"I am thankful to be part of the "Platinum Club"...aka men and women over the age of 50 that are taking care of their bodies."
Best Answer

I also received private message spam today and couldn't find a "report user" button on their profile, they need to add this.

Best Answer

@GeorgeFit, et al, there is a Report link function, but you have to open the message before you can see it.  Click on the Subject to open the message and then scroll down to the bottom of the message to see the report button.  In this particular Spam message the only part of the Subject line that is visible is a very small apostrophe, which you must click on to open the message:

Spam.jpg

Best Answer

I got the rayban message too today but only in email.  I cannot see it on fitbit's inbox so how can I report it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, some people talk about putting a user on "ignore" but how do you actually do this?  

The search facility turns up nothing on the help forum and I can't see any button anywhere that says "ignore user" or words to that effect.

I've also reported this twàt to the mods but have had no reply yet.

Best Answer

OK, found it.  If you open the full message by clicking on the subject line (bit tricky with this twùnt as he shows only an apostrophe in the subject line that is easily missed) and you get two options that pop up next to the user name: Friend and Ignore.

The guy seems to be using a different name for messaging to the one that displays in his user profile.

Best Answer

Thanks Eton_Rifle that worked! Additionally I found if you scroll to the end of that page/message it actually allows you to report the message to a moderator. Problem  #2 solved 🙂 Thank you!!

(image removed)

Best Answer

I have received a pm spam message I have a picture of it too. Dgfhas is the sender and it was sent 6 hrs ago. I didn't find a spam or block button. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Starfyre94511, follow the directions in the posts above to open and report the spam message to the Moderator.

Best Answer

Thank you very much. There were so many other messages I didn't read all of them. Thank you for the hint of the apostrophe, I didn't see it. I was tapping all over and figured what I was looking at was the entire message.  Thank you again and have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for showing how to do this. This is my first ever message received, so it was driving me nuts that I could see the message, but not the options that others had advised to use.

@USAF-Larry wrote:

@GeorgeFit, et al, there is a Report link function, but you have to open the message before you can see it.  Click on the Subject to open the message and then scroll down to the bottom of the message to see the report button.  In this particular Spam message the only part of the Subject line that is visible is a very small apostrophe, which you must click on to open the message:

Spam.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes