Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Why can't I login to the Community?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/7/16: 

The issue that was preventing some users from logging into the Community been resolved.

Thank you all for your patience, and for your willingness to try different approaches to logging in until you made it here!

We've learned from the experience and will be better equipped to handle any similar issues in the future. We've also taken the opportunity to make a few additional optimizations to speed up page load times, and reduce unnecessary backend redirects. Continuous improvement is what it's all about.

We are currently investigating an issue that is making it difficult for some visitors to log into the Community. 

You'll know this is happening to you if you are logged into your Fitbit.com account, click through to reply to a Community discussion and end up caught in a loop where the Community page simply refreshes instead of logging you in like you might expect.

If you're caught in this loop, not all is lost. Most visitors can successfully log in by waiting a minute and performing a hard refresh on the page. You may have to refresh the page multiple times to trigger the log in page.

We are actively investigating this issue, and hope to reach resolution soon. Apologies for the inconvenience. If you are able to successfully log in but have encountered this issue, let us know of your successes below. 

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

@zapleahy clearing the cache resolved my login problem on Mac mini. Tried clearing cache just now after clicking the link in email to get to this thread, and experiencing redirects, however clearing the cache did not solve the redirect problem.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for your toubles today. Just takes time to get it worked out.

Missy M. as@ nkotblove
Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue should now be resolved, and you can expect to visit, read, post, and click through your community notifications with ease.

After a bit of dedicated research and collaboration with our platform provider, we were able to isolate the slice of twisted code that was ailing the Community and implement a configuration change to stop the redirect from occurring.

Thank you all for your patience--and for your willingness to try different approaches to logging in until you made it. We've learned from the experience and should be better equipped to handle any similar issues in the future. We've also taken the opportunity to make a few additional optimizations to speed up page load times. Continuous improvement is what it's all about!

Best Answer
AllisonFitbit for president! 😸
Best Answer

@Bodybygym Well, I hadn't considered that, but if I've got your vote...!

Best Answer

Thanks!

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes
You Got It!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

You Got It! Have a Great Week-end! Cat Tongue

Best Answer