Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Curious about what the Spotify app can do on your Smartwatch or Tracker? Look no further!

Which devices have the Spotify app?

The Fitbit Versa series (Versa, Versa Lite, Versa 2), Ionic and Charge 4 have the Spotify appScreen Shot 2020-05-29 at 9.28.43 AM.png:

Does the Spotify app work offline?

Note, the Spotify app on your Fitbit device doesn’t support offline music playback. Your paired phone must remain nearby with the Fitbit app running in the background and connected to the internet.

You can vote on this Community feature suggestion if you want Spotify to play music offline, or explore other music community suggestions here.

Requirements

• A Spotify Premium subscription is required. For information, see spotify.com.
  • You must have the Spotify app open on the device playing music. For more information on Spotify Connect, see spotify.com.

How does the Spotify app work to control music?

You can use the Spotify app on-device to control the music playing in the Spotify app on your phone, computer, or other Spotify connected device. Navigate between playlists, like songs, and switch between devices from your Fitbit device.  

How do I set up the Spotify app on my Fitbit device?

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image > Apps 

2. Tap the gear icon next to Spotify 
  3. Tap Log in and follow the on-screen instructions to log in to your Spotify Premium account.
  4. Open the Spotify app on your phone or other device and begin playing music.

How do I navigate the Spotify app on my Fitbit device?

1. Open the Spotify app on your Fitbit device to control music. Note: On Charge 4, swipe left and right to access different settings.
    • Tap the devices icon to switch between devices. To see a device, you must have the Spotify app open on that device and be logged in to your account. Up to 8 devices are listed.
    • Tap the shuffle icon to shuffle the tracks.  

• Tap the heart icon to like a track.  

• Use the controls to switch playlists and to play, pause, or skip to the next track or previous track.
    • Swipe right to see your 8 most recently played playlists, or tap Library to find the playlists you created, the playlists created for you, and a selection of workout playlists. Tap a playlist to switch to it.

What if I see an error message when I open the Spotify app?

Check out this help article for a list of messages that may pop-up when you open the Spotify app on-device. 

Spotify app not working?

We have a list of troubleshooting suggestions just for apps. 

Best Answer
0 REPLIES 0