Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfloating topics

ANSWERED

In each discussion area I have a number of topics that have floated to the top (in the gray shaded area) and I just can't get rid of them! I think I was testing things out when the format changed and now I have no way to 'unfloat' them. (The 'unfloat' button is not available when I open them.)

Having to scroll past them on each discussion board is just irritating. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Anna The Floated Posts that you see at the top of most forums are floated there for all users, meaning that there is no way to un-float them. These posts usually contain key links and relevant information for their respective boards, or have been temporarily featured due to a recent issue or popular conversation.

Users also have the ability to float their own topics. If you have done this, you can un-float the topic by opening it and then clicking the "Topic Options" link, and then "Float this topic to the top".

You can read more about Floated Topics in our FAQ here.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@Anna The Floated Posts that you see at the top of most forums are floated there for all users, meaning that there is no way to un-float them. These posts usually contain key links and relevant information for their respective boards, or have been temporarily featured due to a recent issue or popular conversation.

Users also have the ability to float their own topics. If you have done this, you can un-float the topic by opening it and then clicking the "Topic Options" link, and then "Float this topic to the top".

You can read more about Floated Topics in our FAQ here.

Best Answer