Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping You Stay Healthy During This Time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As the global situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve, we want to support our Fitbit community

• We're offering 40 pieces of Fitbit Premium content free in the Fitbit app. Tap the Discover tab to get started. For more information, see Which Fitbit Premium content is available for free?

• Anyone new to Fitbit Premium can also get a 90-day free trial of this paid subscription. Tap the the Premium tab to activate your free trial. Fitbit Premium includes personalized health insights, health guidance, advanced sleep tools, customized programs, and 150+ workouts from fitness brands. For more information, see How do I purchase or start my free trial of Fitbit Premium?

• If you're not eligible, you might still be able to redeem a 90-day free trial of the Fitbit Coach app (available in English, Spanish, French, German, and Portuguese). For more information, see About Fitbit Coach.

To learn more, read the message on the Fitbit Blog.

Best Answer
76 REPLIES 76

Hi, is there any mention anywhere as to what the 40 pieces are? 

Best Answer

I am already subscribed to the Fitbit Premium - If I cancel my membership and rejoin, can I get the 90 day free trial as well? That will save me $150.  

Best Answer

Thanks @MatthewFitbit so this means I have to sign up for premium for 3 free months in order to get the 40 free pieces? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried to purchase the premium membership but I can not get past the page where I input my credit card information. 

Best Answer

That's very nice, however if it was really meant to support fitbit users it would be really beneficial to offer it to all who are affected by COVID-19, Not just new Fitbit customers, I had a brief trial of premium fitbit that i totally forgot about and it expired so i wasn't able to test it and after seeing this, I do not qualify for this 90 day free trial. I am also trying to understand what 40 premium features are now available!

Best Answer

I've got to say, this comes across as a rather tasteless piece of PR opportunism for the Premium subscription. If you are sincere about wanting to help, why do you require people to give their credit card details for the 90 day trial? And what about people who already did the one week trial? Why do we now have to look at enormous banners in our sleep stats??

Apple is donating millions of facemasks to health workers, and today rolled out a Siri update to help triage users for Coronavirus symptoms. Fitbit publish a promotional piece about their premium content and litter the app with irritating banners. I expected better from a "health and fitness" tracker.

fullsizeoutput_1ed0.jpeg

Best Answer

PatTheDog, well said. And if they are offering something to help people who aren't fitbit users already, they shouldn't market it to us. Thanks! 

Best Answer

the notice said for new users, are you saying you pay $50.00 per month for this app? I thought it was $9.99 per month?

Best Answer

@lawsey00 The 40 items moved from Premium to Free include Guided Programs on meditations, sleep, nutrition, and in-home workouts. I have relayed your interest in seeing a complete list, and will follow up if that becomes available.

@SunriseRun @norahg The 40 items which moved from Premium to Free are available to everyone right now. You don't need to start a trial in order to see them. Starting the free trial provides you access to all Premium and Free content.

@Browncoatsunite This article may help. If you keep having trouble, let me know the details of what you're encountering - any error message?

Best Answer

How do we access the 90 day trial?

My phone app only says there's a 7 day trial, and no sign of the free trial via the web shop.  

Best Answer

I was trying it from the web. I found out you must do it as an in app purchase.

Best Answer

@rachelbuc As detailed here, you should see the option to start a trial in the Fitbit app. Tap on the "Premium" tab at the bottom. Note that you may not see the option if you've already done a trial in the past.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have never tried Premium. When I go to Premium in the app it states that I have a 7 day free trial and won't be charged until March 30th. Am I getting a 7 day free trial and then the 90 day starts?

Best Answer

I appreciate the gesture from fitbit.  I would like to try out the 90 day free trial but as others have pointed out that does not look like an option on the fitbit app on my iPhone.  It only offers a one week trial. 

Best Answer
I tweeted at support to ask about this, and they said if you subscribe it will change from 7 days to 90 days. I went through the process and it Did no such thing. The iTunes subscription details says it will charge me in 7 days so that certainly didn’t work!

Will cancel in 6 days, disappointing that they offer this but don’t activate it!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same with me RachelBuc, and I never subscribed to Premium previously. I did Fitbit Coach for a while, but that was a long time ago!

Best Answer

Signed up for the 90 days free and got charged $9.99 right out of the gate?  wth? 

Had tried premium once before...thought I'd give it another shot since I'd have 90 day to evaluate this time before I got charged. My bad...  

Best Answer

I've updated the lead post of this thread with some additional information. Of particular note is this list of Premium content now free in the app.

I understand that some of you are not seeing the option for a free trial. I will follow up as soon as I can provide additional details on why this is.

Best Answer

@rachelbuc Sorry you encountered that. I have opened a case for you so that our team can reach out and help get this resolved.

@powerskc Sorry for that experience - I can see that you've run into a bug, and have opened a case on your behalf. Our team will be in touch to correct this.

@ggdahl @jdpm3 @NCKaren From what I can see, the trial should be available to you. When you tap the "Premium" tab at the bottom of the app, I'd expect you to see this screen:

premium.png

If you see something different, can you please give me a screenshot or further details?

Best Answer