Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating the Fitbit Sense 6-month Fitbit Premium Plan

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

To Whom it May Concern,

I very recently purchased a Fitbit Sense from the Fitbit website. One of the larger factors that made me want to purchase the Sense was due to the 6-month Fitbit Premium trial that seem to come included with the Sense purchase. I thought that it may have automatically activated once I first added the device to my Fitbit profile; however, I recently received the following email:

date: Fri, Nov 27, 8:54 AM (1 day ago)

to: me

Dear XXXX,

This email is to remind you that your trial subscription with Fitbit will automatically convert to a paid subscription soon.

If you would like to cancel this action, please visit help.fitbit.com/support.

Sincerely,

Fitbit Customer Support

The sticker on the side of the Fitbit Sense box also indicated the 6-month trial would be available after the Sense was purchased. If you would, could you please look into my Fitbit profile and see if the 6-month trial subscription has been activated?

Thank you very much,

C.B.

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @Shattersong your 6 month trial is not automatic, and it sounds like you are in the middle of a trial period. 

Cancel this trial and in a few days you should get an invite for your 6 month trial. 

See the premium faq

Best Answer
0 Votes

I came here looking for the same thing. I bought my sense in October and I just got a message that my subscription will end Dec 04, that is definitely not 6 months worth of free premium. I don't know that I am ready to commit to $14.99 a month paid prescription. Have you had any success?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has had a 3 month trial, I'd that what you signed up for? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. Fitbit have sent me an email saying that my membership will expire and that they will charge me $14.99 a month to continue with premium. I only bought my fitbit sense in October, it comes with a six month subscription. October to December doesn't add up to 6 months to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But when did you start you premium trial. Did you have it before the Sense? 

As the link points out. If you already have a premium account, you have to close it before the trial will be offered. 

Anyone can sign up for a premium trial. However it will not be 6 months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

We all got premium because of the covid virus outbreak. I can't remember when it started. I have cancelled it anyway. 

Best Answer

Hi @Rich_Laue ,

My Fitbit Premium trial subscription (3-month trial everyone has) just converted to a paid subscription today. Are you saying I will receive an invite for the 6-month trial? When will I receive this invitation? 

Thank you,

Best Answer
0 Votes

The premium health page had stated the user will need to can ok premium and a few days later will get a request to sign up for 6 months free. However this wording has been removed. 

I read a post from a moderator that the 6 month free is automatic. But.. 

This page mentions signing up from premium. 

I'm confused. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shattersong @Dajeal Hi there. 

@Rich_Laue Thank you for your assistance on the thread. 

Just wanted to jump in and clarify that if you're new to the Fitbit Premium service and don't have any subscription active then once you set up your Fitbit Sense, the offer to have a 6 month free trial should appear. 

However if you're a currently a Premium subscriber then you must cancel your Premium subscription in order to be able to activate the free trial. About 1-3 days after your canceled subscription expires, you’ll see an offer in the Fitbit app to begin the trial. For instructions on how to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription, see How do I manage or cancel my Fitbit Premium subscription?

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilviaFitbit 

Okay so I need to cancel my premium subscription to receive the 6-month trial from my Sense? 

Thanks for that info. I've tried to cancel my subscription through every method mentioned in every forum to no avail. I started the subscription via the Fitbit website. I realize you have to go to the coach.fitbit.com website to even see the subscription but for me my subscription plan is orange and there are no options whatsoever let alone an option to cancel. If you could, would you please cancel my Fitbit Premium subscription otherwise I will need to change my CC number. 

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dajeal No problem! 😀

@Shattersong Thank you for getting back. Since your subscription was purchased through the Fitbit Store, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will contact you as soon as possible.

Have a great weekend. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been using Coach for over a year on a Versa 2. I just upgraded to the Sense with the expectation that I would get $40 (6-months) of Coach for free. If I cancel my current account, wait 3 days for the "offer" to appear:

1) I won't have access to Coach for 3 days? I use it every day for working out.

2) Will I lose all of my data? Doesn't Coach build workouts based on past performance/ratings?

Please clarify. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know, but when I changed from my charge 3 to my sense all data in the app was still available and saved.

Best Answer