Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice before purchase

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All,

Sorry for ths post but wonder if you could advise?

I am pretty active in a gym, core exercises, weights, treadmill running, lots of training runs on the road from 200m races up to marathons. I'm sorry for all the questions but from website to website i'm finding different results .0

I'm asking what dynamics does the Fitbit Iconic show during training. I assume it shows time, distance heart rate but would it tell me my current pace per mile, cadence. Does it alert each mile giving me my time split? Is there a calendar when i can schedule different type of runs different days of the week?

You may remember the Adidas SmartWatch. Is this a similar way of thinking and i get coached during runs in ear to speed up, slow down try harder etc? and once training his complete all data is sent to my app/website?

Sorry for all these questions but wonder if you could advise? - Thank you for your time

Many Thanls

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

A warm welcome to the Community @Brooksy1882! I'll be more than happy to reply to your questions. 

When you're exercising with Coach and your Ionic, it will show you time, calories burned and steps. At the moment, it won't show you pace per mile but if you would like to see this information, you can post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those are reviewed by our team and the status will change based on Fitbit's plans. 

Also, it won't alert you each mile because you're using Fitbit Coach. However, you set this cues if you use the exercise app and change the settings while you're choosing your exercise.

Regarding your question about the calendar, there's no currently a calendar where you can schedule different runs. 

If you buy the Fitbit Ionic Adidas Edition, you will get the Train app. You can learn more about it by checking this article About Fitbit Ionic: adidas edition. However, it won't coach you during runs in ear to speed up or slow down. 

All the exercises that you track with it will be sent to your Dashboard. 

Hope this clarifies any doubt! Let me know if you have additional question. Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

save your money don't bother

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brooksy1882

I also purchased a few days ago, NOT HAPPY.  WATCH OUT. THIS IS NOT THE FITBIT QUALITY that you expect  I am use too. I was told that this work with the Fitbit Ionic, Yes it does if you want only a few of the very basic exercise. If you want all the exercises that you pay for you have too use phone, Ipad or computer. I did some of the exercises on the iphone thru Fitbit Coach and none of the exercise show up on exercise totals for my workout times. Customer service for Fitbit is Coach is strictly via the email. I was told there is no phone for the customer service involving Fitbit Coach. I was looking forward to the New Year and my resolutions. I thought the Fitbit Coach would push me in the right directions.  There is no Fitbit Coach FAQ or even how to use it.  Be cautious before buying. Hoping to get a          

Best Answer
0 Votes