Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about Customer Service and turning off alarms in Health Coaching

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Basic problem: I cancelled Fitbit Health Coach because of the offensive coaches. I had alarms set up for my daily goals in Health Coach. I cancelled a month ago, and for the whole month, every day I get the alarms from Health Coach still to my Sense. I have restarted the Sense, reset it, unpaired, paired, everything. I have no access to Health Coach to turn them off myself because I cancelled it. 

I have reached out to Fitbit through chat, phone, Twitter, and Facebook. I have asked for a case to be opened, I was told numerous times they had to escalate it to the "appropriate team" and I had to just sit and wait for some person to email me about the problem. Going through this for weeks. 

I finally get an email a couple of weeks ago that says they cancelled my Health Coach and it was successful. No, that wasn't the problem. I respond and explain again the problem. NO RESPONSE. I go back to Twitter and chat to ask when they will follow up. They say I have to wait. And I'm talking it's days and weeks between responses. 

Finally this morning someone responds and tells me to go to Health and Wellness notifications and turn it off. Well first of all I don't want to turn off all Health and Wellness notifications, and second of all, there is no such place in my app. I explain again the problem is with alarms on my cancelled Health Coach subscription. 

Brooke then responds to open the Health Coach tile and turn the alarms off. I go through at least two more rounds of emails explaining to her AGAIN that I don't have access to Health Coach to turn the alarms off. She tries to tell me that I have access to Premium still, but there's still no place to turn these alarms off. It's like talking to a gd wall. There's no brain there, just a bot giving unrelated responses. 

I responded and asked her AGAIN to escalate the issue to the product team. I also asked that the product team follow up by PHONE. I am disabled and this kind of email communication is not very accessible to me. Under the ADA, you are required to provide accessible forms of communication and accommodations. 

I have received no response, and I'm sure if I do it will be another nonsensical response from a bot who isn't actually reading the conversation or what I've said to them. 

All someone needs to do is go into Health Coach and turn off the **ahem** alarms. Why is this so hard? 

If I could go out and replace this watch with a competitor right now, I would. The customer support from every angle has been absolutely atrocious. The Health Coaches were poorly trained and offensive. And then I can't even get their stupid alarms turned off. It's like you're trying to traumatize me. 

Fitbit please go and turn the **ahem** alarms in Health Coach off. Stop telling me to open Health Coach and do it myself. I cancelled it a month ago and do not have access, which I have been telling you for a month. This is like my own personal hell or the Twilight Zone. Worst customer support I have ever experienced anywhere. Worse than being hung up on when I had pneumonia and was trying to find an urgent care from my old healthcare provider and the CS rep hung up on me because I was breathing hard (I had freaking pneumonia). FItbit customer support is far worse than that. At least in that case I could call back and get a different rep who did help me. Fitbit support just sends you around knowingly in circles and each person literally says to you "I can't help you, you have to wait for an email."  Then the person in the email says "I can't help you I have to escalate to the product team."  Except they never do. 

I need a Fitbit representative to address this situation by phone. You can find my last email with my phone number to discuss. And I don't want to talk to another person who can't do anything. Please have the "product team"  to which this was supposedly escalated call me to resolve. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @danceralamode  these are the community forums and as such, none of us have the ability to help you with this situation. A Fitbit moderator has been notified about your post and should be by to assist. Please note that a moderator isn't privy to your emails and so they wouldn't have your contact information. They will be the ones to appropriately advise you of your next course of action.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Thanks, and I understand. But this is the only recourse I have left. I have no other outlet. They are doing nothing to help me and almost seem to refuse to do so by giving me the same canned responses over and over. I'm beginning to believe they aren't even humans, just bots programmed to respond to social and emails and chat. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@danceralamode  I'm sure it's frustrating for you. The Moderators are Fitbit employees, so they would know more. It's entirely possible that you'll still need to make the call yourself. I do have a bunch of numbers, including those for the US and UK. If any of those would help, let me know and I'll post them.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately the numbers won't do any good because customer support is
useless. I need to talk to the team who this is escalated to. I've already
spoken on the phone to CS and they said they would escalate it but they
could do nothing. And then those useless emails were the response I got.
Paying zero attention to the actual problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13 Thank you so much for the assistance given and for flagging this post. 

@danceralamode Hi there. Thanks for the detailed information shared. 

Your feedback is truly appreciated, I see where your frustration is coming from. I understand that you're unable to turn off these alarms as you no longer have access to the Health Coaching tile. Your case has been escalated to the correct department and I updated your case details for further assistance, be sure that our team will do their best to properly assist you. 

In the meantime, if you haven't done so, try clearing the app cache and make sure it's up-to-date

Hope this helps. See you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer