Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate peak notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I 65 active and am labeled with “heart attack” due to a troponin slightly elevated level.

No heart muscle damage.

Doctor said that since I am so active it would be good to have a device to alert me if my heart rate goes over 130 BPM.

I was suggested to look at Apple Watch but I have had a FitBit One for over 8 years. I thought I would stick with Fitbit!

I bought a Sense 2 after doing some research. Found that it has the min/max heart rate thresholds. Top was set for 130. I guess I didn’t do enough research. I have seen 142 BPM and no alarm. I found out that the rate has to be above that setting for more than 10 minutes. Not what I need! So I then bought the Premium package to find out if that’s what I needed. A few more bells & whistles. Still can’t get to notification.

Is there any way that I can set the Sense 2 up the give me this warning right away?

MarkJ5

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@MarkJ5 if you have a medical condition I strongly advice not to use Fitbit for anything medical related. It's not designed for that.

The high/low notifications come if the HR is past a threshold and you've been still for last 10 minutes. It doesn't mean you will get notification of your HR is over/below for 10 minutes. It means that of you weren't still for last 10 minutes (for example, you're exercising) you won't get notification. So, if you are in bed (for at least 10 minutes, not moving much) and suddenly your HR goes over threshold you will get instant notification. If you are taking a walk and your HR goes over specifies threshold you won't get a notification.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@t.parker  Thanks for the info. The doctor said that the 130 is just a guideline for a few months. HR can go higher after that time. Too bad that the Sense 2 can't be setup to do what I was looking for which is. HR goes about 130 for a minute or 2 I could get an alarm for the configured high HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes