Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to add a Coach version for Fire Stick.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an Amazon firestick and would love it if I could Fitbit coach on it. I currently use my computer and sometimes it can be a pain. I want to use for it coach without having problems and I feel like having it on my firestick would be great

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @NEPatriotsDude I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. I know how important is for you to have a version of the Coach app on your Amazon Fire Stick. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I would like to encourage you to submit your insight as a suggested idea, where members of the Community can comment and vote for it so it can be implemented in the future.

Feel free to share your suggestion with your friends and family to add more votes and comments, this is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

That would be a great idea, especially with the new Discover videos through Popsugar and DailyBurn. Watching it on my phone just isn’t the same. Lol Please add the app to the Firestick! 

Best Answer

I have been wanting the same thing. It's possible, but Fitbit Coach is hard to see on my cellphone and not too great on a laptop either. An app on the Firestick would be great for my workouts.

Best Answer

I totally agree.

I have several Fire devices (3 Fire TV & 1 Echo Show) and having access to Fitbit videos on these would mean that I could easily access what I need from virtually any room without having to set up a laptop or balance my phone where I can see it.

Hopefully it will also allow multiple users so my family can access theirs as required too.

Best Answer

@ChrisG78 A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for sharing your feedback about adding Coach to Fire Stick. 

I noticed this idea has been posted here Amazon Fire and Roku apps & channels these are reviewed by our team and the status could change depending on Fitbit's plans. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this not a thing already? We're in the middle of a pandemic and people are looking to work out at home. Feels like a really big miss

Best Answer

This needs to be approved soon or my wife and I will not renew premium. The video workouts are the reason we upgraded to premium.  I suppose we can run an HDMI from our laptop to the TV, but that is a silly solution. There are other apps for at home workouts out there that we are considering at this point.  At home workouts are very important to us these days.  

Best Answer

@vandy125 @doglegleft Thanks for participating in the forums. I appreciate your feedback about adding  Coach to Fire Stick. 

I would recommend to vote for this idea Amazon Fire and Roku apps & channels, these are reviewed by our team and the status will change depending on Fitbit's plans.

Also, you may want to check this post How does Feature Suggestions work? 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit I already visited the link to the Amazon Fire and Roku apps & channels suggestion, the suggestion is locked and marked as Not Currently Planned. I placed my vote and comment here for that reason.  I suggest someone in management seriously look into adding a Fitbit Coach App for Amazon Prime members that prefer Fire TV for their streaming.  Glo and Beach Body both have paid app services on Amazon's platform.  I would think Fitbit would be ahead of the curve on this obvious opportunity.    

Best Answer

When I saw the fitbit commercials the woman is accessing videos through the app on her smart TV and honestly I assumed such an expensive purchase would have an app for my Fire TV. Trying to mirror from my phone to smart TV is not working for me please make a smart tv app!

Best Answer

I cannot pair the videos from this app to my tv or firestick. It seems to be hit or miss depending on the phone type and service provider. Having the app available for download through firestick or smart tv would help exponentially. I have free premium but I rarely use the classes because I refuse to try to watch the videos from my phone while trying to exercise. If I had full access, I might want to renew when it's time, but as of right now, it's not worth it for me. 

Best Answer
Screen mirroring might be your best option.
Best Answer

I completely agree! I have multiple Fire devices, and having access to Fitbit videos on them would allow me to get what I need from practically any room without having to set up a laptop or position my phone where I can see it.

Best Answer

This is such a no brainer that I'm amazed Fitbit has not implemented such a thing. I don't use 95% of what the premium has to offer because I can't use it on my TV. As such, I will absolutely be cancelling premium as soon as my 6 month free trial is over. I would consider keeping it if I could do everything in the discover tab on my television, but I sure as hell won't be doing it on my phone.

Best Answer