Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Privacy of ours data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello!

I'm thinking of buying Fitbit Sense 2. However, I pay attention to security of my data and privacy. I know that buying another device from a company that knows a lot about me (I use Gmail, Android phone etc.) isn't too logical, but still new watches from Fitbit seem to fit to my needs.

So, the question. What do you think about Fitbit/Google privacy policy? How it compares to other manufacturers (e.g. Garmin, Samsung, Apple, Huawei)?

What's more important, do you know ANY possibilities to secure personal data when using Fitbit devices?

What makes me worried is that we need to share personal and financial data when we buy premium membership. At least there is Google Play payment option that seems to me better than credit card transfer.

Thanks for advices! Best!

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

People,

no one care about privacy and personal data safety? 

C'mon! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi LeeLes,

I commend you on performing your due diligence, before a purchase. Privacy should be a concern for everyone. 

Just received an firmware update notification and it forces/requires and agreement to TOS and privacy policy. 

2 issues preventing me from accepting this update

- Can't find any details of what is included in the updates, other than "bug fixes". This is just lazy or deliberate vagueness on documenting what is in the update. 

- It is extremely difficult to determine what has changed in the TOS and privacy policy.

Good luck with finding a product that values privacy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For what's in the update, it is best to read the pinned post above @jack0902 

Fitbit has always been vague in the help docs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't see a ping post. Please provide a link, if possible. 

Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes