Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was charged for the Fitbit Premium trial

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought Fitbit Ch4 April 19 with 3 months free trial of Premium.  It arrived June 3.  They ended my free trial and billed my credit card July 19 even after I explained I only had 6 weeks of Premium.  PS- I couldn’t get the exercise GPS to work for even ONE full workout!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help. If you email, please know that each subsequent email will put you at the bottom of the queue, which will cause you to wait longer.

USA: call (877) 623-4997 
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057  

IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
If you prefer an online chat or email, then click for contact options
https://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi @1Body1Life. Welcome to the Community Forums. @Odyssey13, I'm glad to see you around and thanks for your great advice.

@1Body1Life, thanks for sharing detailed information about your free trial and the charges received. I see your point of view about this situation and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. I went ahead to check your details with our Support team and I was told that you already have a case created with them. Your case is on good hands and you'll receive an email shortly with more details. Just take in mind that the Fitbit Premium activates when you purchase the subscription, meaning that you can start using it before your device arrives.

About the GPS issues with your Charge 4, I'd recommend to check this help article and take a look to the article: What are some tips for using GPS on my Fitbit device?

By the way, I've moved your post to the Fitbit Premium & Coach board so we can keep our forums organized.

I'll be around if you have more questions.

Best Answer

Although the phone rep said my request made sense, he had to escalate for approval.  Then AFTER my credit card was charged, I got a generic email saying my case was closed and I had to become a paid member.  Fitbit’s systems and people do NOT properly account for the FREE TRIAL period.  I was promised 3 months and got 6 weeks.   

Good business people know it’s expensive to acquire a customer and retain one.  When you can live up to your promises by giving something the customer values and that’s free for the company to give, it’s a no-brainer...but not to Fitbit.  (Especially while there are so many technical gliches like GPS not working.)

I could have been a long-term subscription customer and evangelist.  But, instead I will warn others about the brand and buy my husband and son trackers from a different company like Garmin.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @1Body1Life. Welcome back.

Thanks for sharing more details about your interaction with our team. I understand where you're coming from and please know that your feedback will be passed along so we can continue improving our services. Let me continue helping you. As mentioned above, the Fitbit Premium activates when you purchase the subscription with the tracker, meaning that you can start using the Premium features even while you're waiting the arrival of your device. Since your Charge 4 was purchased back in April, it seems your 3-months Premium subscription also started on that date and expired on July 19th.

I'm sorry for any confusion caused by this situation and I got in touch with the Support team one more time to share your details. I've been informed that you received an email with more information about your case. Please check your inbox, spam and junk folders. If you don't find it, let me know so I can request them to resend it to you.

I look forward to your response.

Best Answer

I am pleased to report that this was resolved amicably yesterday.  After social media postings, emails and calling their customer support, Fitbit’s “highest level of customer support” has agreed to fulfill their brand promise of the 3 month free trial from the date I actually received the Fitbit Charge 4, instead of the purchase date (6 weeks prior).

Thank you to LizzyFitBit!

Best Answer

Hi @1Body1Life. It's nice to see you here again.

You're welcome and thanks to you for keeping me updated. I'm happy that you received helped from our team and I hope you can now enjoy the Fitbit experience to the fullest!

In case you have some spare time, check our Health & Wellness board where you can make friends and find great tips to achieve your fitness goals. If there's anything else I can do for you, let me know.

See you around! 😊

Best Answer