Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Mins on Peak / Cardio / Fat Burn after a solid workout

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm 49 years old, using a new Google Pixel Watch with Fitbit Premium.

My workouts on the Elliptical machines keep showing zero mins in the various zones:

abelenky_0-1672777268707.png

By my understanding, my max rate is 220 minus 49 = 171 Max Heart Rate.
Which leads to zones:

• Fat Burn: 50% to 69%: 85 to 118 BPM
  • Cardio: 70% to 84%: 119 to 143 BPM
  • Peak: Above 84%: Above 143 BPM

At 134 BPM average (and max above 150), I shoulda been solidly in the Cardio Range, and occasionally into the Peak Range.

Why am I getting Zero Mins?

abelenky_1-1672777492134.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Tap Zone Minutes circle on phone app to see heart rate limits of various zones for you.  Fitbit uses different formula than what you cited.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JohnnyRow I don't think a formula has anything to do with it. Just look at attached picture. It gives 0 minutes to each zone while colors in chart clearly show something different. It's definitely a bug and I think somebody recently reported it, too (also Pixel Watch owner).

Edit: here it is:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Spinning-shows-0-minutes-for-all-heart-rate-zones/m-p/52...

Best Answer

My mistake.  I didn't look at the diagram closely enough.  Thanks @t.parker  for pointing that out.

But I will stand by my point that @abelenky was using the wrong formulas for the zones.  I saw that and just figured that was the problem.

The new formulas take into account resting heart rate and generally make the heart rate zones harder to achieve.  You can read about them here: How do I track heart rate with my Fitbit device?  and scroll down to the section "How does my Fitbit device calculate my heart-rate zones?"

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JohnnyRow I'm using a Google Pixel Watch, and quoting directly from the page you linked to:

abelenky_0-1672852760003.png

abelenky_1-1672852784647.png

So I stand by my calculations, using the 220 - age, and various Percentages of that number.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@abelenky 

So you are in the wrong forum then, I guess this is a Pixel Watch issue. The community for Pixel Watch is not on Fitbit but here:

https://support.google.com/googlepixelwatch/community?hl=en

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SebWotan the Pixel Watch forum redirects users with Fitbit related issues to look for help here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@t.parker The other person reporting the issue also uses a Pixel Watch, so the bug seems to lie from the Pixel Watch. It may be in the app code rather than the watch code but that is so far the common denominator. So I would say the Pixel Watch forum is the best place to start. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@abelenkyBut the section you are reading is the part for "All other devices".

Click the blue down arrow in from of the device including Google Pixel Watch and you will see a new more complicate formula including resting heart rate.

The formula you are looking at was used previously and was not updated on older devices.

JohnnyRow_0-1672861199504.png

JohnnyRow_1-1672861255811.png

Excuse problems getting getting all in screen cap but think you can see the differences.

Best Answer
0 Votes