Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10,000 steps disappeared

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

written after midnight

I had 21K steps today (Thursday). I passed my 15K goal. and gradually worked up to 21K.  In a competition, I was ahead of my daughter by 6000 steps. Now suddenly, my dashboard for Thursday (after midnight) shows "yesterday " (Thursday) as being 11K. And in the competition I lost 10K steps.

I see on the graph of steps for Thursday no steps  from 8 AM to 2PM (even though I was wearing the same tracker as later), even though I was walking at that time.

Fitbit, why am I constantly every week online with tracker mistakes?????? It never used to be like this!!!!!!!!

I have restarted my tracker to no avail.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @rickismom.

That sounds quite frustrating. I'd like to take a closer look into the full situation. Could you take a screen shot of the steps showing on your Dashboard? I'd like to see exactly how it is showing.

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
The only thing that I can imagine is that the app decided to accept my
charge HR's (which I was not wearing)steps for those hours. But I often
switch trackers with no problem and here I was wearing my flex 2 the whole
day....
Best Answer

Hey @rickismom.

That is very odd. Has it happened again since then? If so, when?

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. But many many times (like once every week and a half) both my
fitbits won't synch for about two days, and it is driving me slightly
bonkers. I never had so much trouble with my trackers.
Best Answer

Hey @rickismom.

Thanks for reaching back and letting me know. If the syncing issue happens again, try to restart your tracker and your computer/phone before you try to sync again.

If doing that doesn't help, please let me know and I'll try to help you.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel your pain.  So far this morning my device says I've accumulated approximately 2000 more steps than I can get the dashboard to sync up to therefore it gives me no credit for achieving the 250 steps per hour goal for the last hour.

Best Answer

Hey @DblGee.

I'd like to ask you a few questions about your situation. What tracker are you using? Has it happened before? Have you tried logging out and then back into your Dashboard in order to force it to reconnect to the servers? That has helped me in the past.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's ok - it eventually caught up.  It's just annoying that sometimes it takes awhile and when I change back/forth between Blaze and Charge 2 my devices just always want to sync to the one I'm "not" wearing at the moment.

Best Answer

Hello @DblGee.

Thanks, I completely understand what you mean. Glad to know that everything is working correctly now. Sometimes it does definitely take some time for the information to catch up but it definitely should happen. If you notice it doesn't, please let me know.

If you have the time, you should visit our Discussion boards to talk about a lot of different things with other Forum members.

Hope to see you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes