Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 trackers for 1 person

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a basic FitBit and the Charge HR.  I like the basic for my non exercise wear because it's small and I can wear it with my normal watch though I still want to wear my HR for workouts to monitor heart rate.  Can I have 2 devices syncing to 1 account for me? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@COFraileyYes you can have up to 5 Fitbits in a multi mode on your Fitbit Account.

Occasionally you will get a mismatch on your steps but the important thing to do is always Sync the Fitbit you are removing from your torso.. before you swap them..

If you find you are having step count losses I would then keep the non active Fitbit at least 40' away..when you sync.

Read this link

@COFrailey wrote:

I have a basic FitBit and the Charge HR.  I like the basic for my non exercise wear because it's small and I can wear it with my normal watch though I still want to wear my HR for workouts to monitor heart rate.  Can I have 2 devices syncing to 1 account for me? 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

This post was helpful, although my house is hardly 40' long so that kind of distance between trackers made me chuckle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

wrap tinfoil around it to block the BT signal.

Best Answer

@Journey4Life Thanks for the reply.. I added the 40' (10m) because my Fitbit One can still be synced about that far. It's a pain turning  the One off.

@Journey4Life wrote:

This post was helpful, although my house is hardly 40' long so that kind of distance between trackers made me chuckle.

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerGreat idea... In our technological world we often overlook the obvious... My Alfoil is next to me now...

Even the other night here in Melbourne we are now having a spate of key less car thefts   The crims  use "relay transmission" to  handle the theft in under 1 minute...Recommendation.. "keep your fob in a Faraday cage".. Reminds me of my very early school days in Science..

Best Answer
0 Votes

It really depends on how you sync your device.  I believe you can go to the settings for each tracker under your account and do a "Sync Now" from there.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PureEvil  Great to see you scan the obtuse posts as well as your active ones..Your input is always welcome..

You sync by selecting the Fitbit but it's still fluky... I'm using the One to pick up the missing shopping trolley and domestic walking steps and there can be up to 750 steps higher on the One than the  Ionic..

To be safe, today I turned the Ionic off, synced as you suggest and the One synced perfectly.. Then on the basis that Fitbit would sort it out, I turned the Ionic on, left the One on my torso and selectively synced the Ionic.. + 645 steps....

Perfect result...  BUT... other times it has reversed... Smiley Frustrated  but most times OK.

When I had all 5 Fitbits connected a few eeks ago to prove that I can sync on my nion listed phone it worked perfectly..

@PureEvil wrote:

It really depends on how you sync your device.  I believe you can go to the settings for each tracker under your account and do a "Sync Now" from there.

I hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Colinm39,

Nice to cross paths!  I remember your being a great source of Fitbit wisdom when I first got to the community!

I guess the syncing thing may be platform dependent.  The Fitbit App on Windows 10 (either desktop or mobile) looks for all paired trackers when syncing.  It probably spends about 30 seconds looking for a tracker before it gives up (or syncs).  So separating the app from the tracker may speed things up a tiny bit, but probably not enough for me to bother doing it.

I have one account with six trackers.  Syncing a particular tracker or adding a new one on that account is a very delicate process.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes