Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 Day Weight Graph Values & Description Disabled (Problem Indentified)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My 30 day weight graph in my Web Profile is missing the hover over values and y-axis description.  However it is only the 30 day weight graph that has the issue.  All of the other dashboard views for weight, online and from the web apss work as expected.

A screenshot of my 30 day weight graph missing the y-axis description and mouse-over values is here.30DayGraphBad.JPG

However from the same computer I can see a friends 30 day weight graph correctly.

See below the working example.

30DayGraphGood.JPG

At first I thought the problem might be that I was using a non FitBit scale.  So I went out and purchased the Aria, linked it to my account and weighed.  The new Aria weight data showed up in my dashboard and all of my mobile apps without a problem but still the 30 day weight graph was missing values and the y-axis description.  So clearly it wasn't the type of scale.

Next, I deleted all of my previous weight entries (over 500 of them) dating back to 2012.  Added a new single weight from the Aria scale and still the same problem.  My next step was to delete that measurement and manually added 35 days of weight measurements.  Still the same problem.

I knew this wasn't a browser or cache/cookie issue as I could see the line moving on the 30 day weight graph but just not a value and I could see a firends values without issue on thier 30 day weight graph.

This forum is filled with similar compliants but with no resolution.  Frustrated, I starting digging into the code with Firefox Web Developers tools.  I think I've found a smoking gun. Details are below.  I think we are going to need someone from the FitBit Engineering team to address the issue.

Clearly I can see that when the graph loads, it makes the http get method call https://www.fitbit.com/graph/getGraphData to fetch the data for the 30 day weight graph.  I can see the raw data for the dates and weight values are returned.
ex: "<value xid="30">Sep 03</value> ... <value xid="30"  color="#33CCCC" >262.1</value>"

Then when I inspected the 30 day weight DIV and the javascript embeeded in the DOM of the profile page I see the following:

var weightGraphValuesValueEnabled = "&valuesValueEnabled=false";
var weightGraphDescEnabled = "&descEnabled=false";

new fitbit.app.AmChart("weightObject", "weightChart", "line","/graph/getGraphData?userId=XXXXXX&type=weight" +"&period=1m&dataVersion=1335&version=amchart" + dateTo + weightGraphValuesValueEnabled + weightGraphDescEnabled + linkEnabled,530, 150, true);

<DIV>...version=amchart&dateTo=2016-09-03&valuesValueEnabled=false&descEnabled=false&linkEnabled=false...</DIV>

Cleary it seems the issue is that for some reason my profile page has the vars weightGraphValuesValueEnabled and weightGraphDescEnabled set to FALSE.  I checked a friends profile page and verified that TRUE was being passed in the DIV for their 30 Day Weight Chart and that was the only difference other than user and version number.

procomp.JPG

If anyone has any idea how to force the profile page dom to set weightGraphValuesValueEnabled and weightGraphDescEnabled to TRUE, that would be appreciated.

Thanks! 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Wonderful bug catching @hookem16

As it's out the hands of the most awesome community (not possible to change the code on the account ourself).

Feel free to contact the Fitbit Support Team: India | United Kingdom | United States

Optionally check out Returns & Warranty before contacting support.

Mention what you've already tried to speed things up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great work Hookem!  

That's a bummer if you can't share your weight progress with your friends.  

I hope they correct the bug and hopefully reward you with a bonus..... like reimbursing you for the ARIA scale you purchased just to troubleshoot their mistake.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your input! 

@hookem16 Welcome to the Community! I appreciate the pictures and the details that you mentioned. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, I've shared it with my team. 

As an alternative solution, you can always view the weight from the weight log tab

Hope I can continue seeing you around Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@SilviaFitbit the issue hasn't been that I'm not able to find an alternative way to view my weight. The issue is that if you want to share your weight with friends, the 30 day weight graph is the only view available. If that doesn't work, friends can't view your current weight.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Some additional details.

It appears that for all users weightGraphValuesValueEnabled and weightGraphDescEnabled are both set to FALSE by default.  However for some profiles, there is additional two lines of javascript that set both variables to TRUE.

I've found three other users that have the same problem as me and all three do not have the additional two lines of javascript to set the those two vars to TRUE.

I'm not sure why those two lines are missing.  I am guessing it has something to do with a version of javascript that is being imported based on some attribute of the user profile.  It looks like a patch that may have been applied at some point but not to all users.

Non Working Example: 

new fitbit.app.AmChart("weightObject", "weightChart", "line",
                    "/graph/getGraphData?userId=XXXXXX&type=weight" +
                    "&period=1m&dataVersion=1348&version=amchart" + dateTo + weightGraphValuesValueEnabled + weightGraphDescEnabled + linkEnabled,
                    530, 150, true
            );

Working Example:

weightGraphValuesValueEnabled = "&valuesValueEnabled=true";
            weightGraphDescEnabled = "&descEnabled=true";

new fitbit.app.AmChart("weightObject", "weightChart", "line",
                    "/graph/getGraphData?userId=XXXXXX&type=weight" +
                    "&period=1m&dataVersion=7109&version=amchart" + dateTo + weightGraphValuesValueEnabled + weightGraphDescEnabled + linkEnabled,
                    530, 150, true
            );

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing these screenshots and all the information about the issue you're experiencing to check your friend's data @hookem16. This has been forwarded to the correct department, thank you so much for your contribution, I'm sure this will be very helpful. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes
@DavideFitbit any update?
Best Answer
0 Votes
@DavideFitbit No solution yet. In fact, yesterday I got an email from fitbit wanting to know if my problem had been resolved. When I responded, No, they then asked me to send them screen shots of my dashboard problem.

Seriously?? Obviously they either don't care and these emails are just boiler plate to make users feel like someone is doing something or they really aren't in sync and maybe have no idea that I've taken the time to point out their bug.

Either way, it looks bad and doesn't give me any confidence that they are going to fix this or are even aware they have a problem.
Best Answer

Hi @DavideFitbit - It has been 3 weeks since any communication about the bug I pointed out in the Web Dashboard.  Can you provide an update from the Engineering team on when they think this will be resolved?  As a temporary solution, can you let me know if there is a way that I can see another FitBit user's current weight?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @hookem16! Thanks for following up. I'd like to let you know that our engineers are working hard on a fix. These types of bugs are very unpredictable, sometimes the solution is very simple and other times the solution takes more time to develop. Thanks a million for your patience!

As an alternative solution, you can always view the weight from the weight log tabCat Wink Just out of curiosity, are you located in the US? If you are not you can try switching to the US locale and let me know how it goes! Cat Tongue

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MariamV wrote:

As an alternative solution, you can always view the weight from the weight log tab.

Hi @MariamV - I'm not sure that you are understanding the problem.  This is NOT an alternative solution to the problem.  That is becuase the problem is how to view a FitBit friend's weight, not how to view my own weight.  Unless of course you are suggesting that FitBit users should be sharing their login and password information with their friends?

How else can I track a FitBit friend's weight loss?  If the only way is through the Web Dashboard 30 Day Weight Loss graph, then what you suggested is not an alternative solution and this is still broken with no fix until the development team finishes their work.

If there is another way to view this then please let me know.

Best Answer

@hookem16 thanks for getting back to me! I appreciate the clarification and so sorry for the confusion here. Smiley EmbarassedSmiley Tongue I see what you mean now, and I'm definitely not suggesting that Fitbit users should be sharing their login and password information with friends. Smiley LOL

This is the graph from my own Dashboard and indeed the "Y" axis is missing:

Y axis.png

I will follow up with the devs and engineers to see where we are standing related to this issue and I'll post back with updates!

Thanks again for bringing this up to my attention! Smiley Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I have this same issue.  Could you please advise where this Javascript is located, and if it is possible to revise to add these two statements on user install end?

Best Answer

I am also having the same issue. Can't share my weight with my friends. This has already been over a year and not resolved yet. Please let us know if you guys still working on this?

Best Answer

The problem still persists. I have neither values on the Y axis nor hover tooltips with the values on the chart. So the chart is totally useless. I need it to share my weight progress with my nutritionist, please fix. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is it possible that this well known bug have not been fixed already???

Do anyone know an alternative to the fitbit app where you can share your progress with friends? The Fixbit software developer team seems to neglect reported bugs so better look elsewhere...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree, this is a bit ridiculous. 

It's super important to be able to share this information with your friends or team members during weight-loss/step challenges.  

Hook'em 16 identified the bug and seems like a simple fix.  

Can we please have a moderator bump this thread again and send it up to the Technical Team... if there actually is one???

Best Answer
0 Votes

This still seems to be a problem - I am surprised it has not been fixed since the issue was raised so long ago. Do Fitbit look at these messages?

Best Answer

are there any plans to fix this bug? or perhaps migrate to a new non-flash based chart experience?

Best Answer