Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Zone Minutes should be optional

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am hating the new Activity Zone Minutes and the fact that it replaces the Active Minutes on the 'watch' dashboard.  PLEASE allow us to choose which we show on the dash board (Versa 2).

The Active Minutes on the 'watch' dashboard was motivating and fun - this Activity Zone minutes is demoralising.

Please allow us to choose.... 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@Judes64 -

And depending on your device, you may also have redefined heart rate zones. I suspect if you have AZM you also have the new heart rate zone definitions. FitBit isn't being very up front about the whole thing, as usual. But since you stated Versa 2, I'm pretty sure you do. I haven't been prompted to update my firmware yet.

Don't get me wrong, when the device firmware is on and the app software is on, I am one heck of a cheerleader for the FitBit brand. But when they pay more attention to being cute and trendy than putting out a quality product I just shake my head.

They still have, in my not so humble opinion, the best device/app combination out there when they get it right. That is why I have a Versa 2 (my third FitBit heart rate sensing product) instead of a Series 5.

Good luck.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

I did a quick search of the feature suggestion board and all I can find is positive posts for active zone minutes. Nothing go make it optional @Judes64 

You may want to add this suggestion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Completely agree with you Judes64.

This active zone minutes feature is unwanted and quite honestly, makes me not want to bother. Whereas i used to do 60 minutes of walking every day, now i get nothing. I now have no idea how much exercise i've done and have lost interest.

I think Fitbit should remember that we actually bought and paid for our watches and so should be respected before having useful features replaced on us. I would not buy my Fitbit with the current set of features. It used to be great, but is getting worse with every update and no longer motivates me.

Best Answer

Active zone grossly overestimates my activity level since it captures my nervous heartrate increase as me being active! I deliver a lot of presentations and I hardly think this should be captured as exercise!

Best Answer

I hate the active zone minutes.  I walk at least 30 minutes and sweat the whole time and before it would recognize it and put it in the fat burning and cardiac zone, but now it's showing nothing!!!  Not motivating, regardless if I'm not in that active zone in their book.  I'm on my 3rd fitbit tracker and I've had 2 versa's... but if this doesn't even give me the satisfaction of seeing a result... I won't be getting another fitbit.  Better fix this option, #fitbit!

Best Answer

@LMB_01 I noticed that yesterday when on a 3 hour drive, my car stopped charging the battery.

@ekath I get plenty of AZM on walks. I dont know what to say, maybe it is because I'm out of shape 

Screenshot_20200904-142023_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine are registering zero. Not sure why.

Best Answer

I completely agree, I have SVT these active zone minutes don't work when you have tachycardia. My heart rate can shoot up as high as 170 beats a minute sometimes even higher than that just sitting on the couch and the fitbit will long this as exercise. Then when I go for a walk and hit a heart rate of 130 the whole time it only longs half of it or not at all. But it has no problems logging my heart rate from the supraventricular tachycardia. Also because my heart rate shoots up randomly my calorie counts aren't accurate anymore this update has ruined this watch for me and this thing was expensive!

Best Answer

PLEASE make the option available on the VERSA 1, also. It's VERY discouraging when your face is red and you've been sweating for at least a half hour to 45 minutes and the Active Zone counts ONLY 5 minutes! ITS NOT ACCURATE and VERY FRUSTRATING. I use to find my Fitbit quite motivating BUT the Active Zone minutes just ruin it! 

Best Answer

I take a lot of blood pressure pills and so my resting heart rate is lower than many. To get my heart rate up over $130 is dangerous for me. this option doesn't work 90% of the time with the AZM. I'd rather get my 30 minutes in and have it recognized then maybe get one or two after 30 some minute workout. It's not motivating. Come on @Fitbit get with it!

Best Answer

Me too! I got seven minutes yesterday because I was sitting in the car while my teenage daughter was driving!

Best Answer