Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activities editing experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have a bad experience when editing activities. I played a VR game (beat saber) and Fitbit can detect activity but while that it DRAMATICALLY overcount steps. I'm okay with this because that is how the algorithm works but trying to find a workaround.

The only way, for now, is to create a "Driving" activity at the same time with the same calories and delete the original activity. Also, I can create custom activities (like "VR game") but there is no way to make it ignore steps like "Driving". Also, when I edit the activity and change its type to "Driving" it keeps counting steps. Also, the "Driving" activity doesn't show a real graph on burned calories. (The graph is flat.)

So, summary:

• when you change activity to "Driving" it keeps counting steps (should ignore, as usual);
  • there is no way to create custom activities with calories but without steps;
  • driving activity overwrites the real calories graph.

The two last if more like a new feature, but the first one should be a bug.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @vanchaxy  hand movements add steps. Ask any piano player or knitter who owns a Fitbit. You read the article on deleting unwanted steps? To see it, click here. You could always just not wear the Fitbit while you're playing games.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@Odyssey13 lots of people play Beat Saber as form of workout so they want have some data captured by Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you read the post completely? I literally wrote that overcounting isn't a problem. The problem is editing of activity to make it not count steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Might need to make that into a Feature Suggestion? 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer