Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the Fitbit data export file contain?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I am new to Fitbit and I am looking to purchase a Fitbit Sense to monitor my health.

Before purchasing, I would love to see what the exported data contains.

Does anyone have an example csv file from the Sense they could pass to me?

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@EnterAUsername , Than you for your reply and pictures. . 

From the marked specs, the only data that you can export is the ECG. The results can be saved and exported so that you can show them to your medical expert. 

Keep in mind, that you are checking the components of the the Sense , meaning, that those are parts, but not data. 

3 axis accelerometer, and gyroscope, do not record any personal data, but are useful, to identify your steps and to turn the display on when moving your wrist. 

You can check your oxygen saturation and skin temperature variation in the Fitbit app. 

Hope this helps you with your decision. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@EnterAUsername , Nice to see you here. I'm glad to hear that you are considering to purchase a Sense. 

I'm not sure if anyone will share an export of their data as it contains personal information. 

All about the data exported can be found here: OpenWhat Fitbit data can I export?

Hope this helps.

See you around. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your answer @JuanFitbit. It sounds like some of the data cannot be exported. From the Sense spec page, see the sensor data I've marked in red:

These don't appear to be listed in the export list below.

So does this mean these data streams cannot be exported at all?

Regarding an actual data file, all I am after is the headings. All personal information should be straightforward to remove.

Best Answer

@EnterAUsername , Than you for your reply and pictures. . 

From the marked specs, the only data that you can export is the ECG. The results can be saved and exported so that you can show them to your medical expert. 

Keep in mind, that you are checking the components of the the Sense , meaning, that those are parts, but not data. 

3 axis accelerometer, and gyroscope, do not record any personal data, but are useful, to identify your steps and to turn the display on when moving your wrist. 

You can check your oxygen saturation and skin temperature variation in the Fitbit app. 

Hope this helps you with your decision. 

Best Answer