Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit steps taken?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This morning I left the house for my walk without my fitbit. Is there a way to change the number of steps taken so that I can add in those steps for my records?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Go to your Dashboard, Click on Log, then click on Activity

Scroll to the bottom on the left had side you should see it. Use the walking Icon

activities.png

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

You can manually add it. On the exercise tab scroll to the bottom and use the walking Icon to add it.

Just aware any manually added steps do not goes towards the leader board, badges or challenges.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I'll try that. I don't care about those other things. I just want the record to be straight.

Best Answer

Can you help me find where that is?The tabs I see are dashboard, log, community, premiu, and store.   I went to the dashboard and saw the exercise box, but that wasn't it.  I then went to log, and that wasn't it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to your Dashboard, Click on Log, then click on Activity

Scroll to the bottom on the left had side you should see it. Use the walking Icon

activities.png

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Thank you very much. That worked like a charm.  (Newbee here).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oops.  I checked the wrong post for like and accept as solution. I can't undo mine, but I will check yours.

Best Answer

Glad you got it fixed!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want your help to set up my Fitbit once again thanks

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

debkkallin@gmail.com
Best Answer
0 Votes
Help again. They changed to their new and improved dashboard interface and now I can't get to where I can add steps. I did some water walking and I want to add the equivalent land steps, but can't get there. Do you know how to get there?
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @Debk1945 @slgdev

@Debk1945 I'd recommend that you go through this excellent post by our very own @AlvaroFitbit on how to set up your Fitbit. Following those steps should help you get your Fitbit paired up your account.

@slgdev I'll gladly help you in adding that activity to your account. You can log the activity manually through your dashboard by following these steps:

1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard.
2. Go the Log activities page.
3. Click a common activity or search for one. If the activity is not in our system, create your own by clicking the Create custom activity text that appears below the search field.
3. Enter the duration, distance (if applicable), and start time of your activity. You can enter the number of calories burned if you'd like to.
4. Click Log. Your activity will now be visible and editable in the Activity History area.

I hope you find this useful! If you have any questions, don't be a stranger. Smiley Very Happy

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 3,217 steps I Walked today at work I want my Steps back my new dashboard thanks 

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

debkkallin@gmail.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Debk1945! Great to see you around. You could manually log an activity to get those steps to show on your account.

In order to manually log an activity please do the following:

1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard.
2. Go to the Log Activities page.
3. Scroll down and click a common activity or search for one. If the activity is not in our system, create your own by clicking the Create custom activity text that appears below the search field.
Enter the duration, distance (if applicable), and start time of your activity. You can enter the number of calories burned if you'd like to.
4. Click Log. Your activity will now be visible and editable in the Activity History area.

Having said that, I'd also like to ask if you were able to set up your Fitbit to your account once again? 

Look forward to continue assisting you. Smiley Very Happy

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you subtract?

I charged my Ionic next to a fan and got 60K steps!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MikeWilly,

You add a 'Driving' activity during that time.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hello @PureEvil and @MikeWilly.

@PureEvil, thanks for helping out.

That would be correct, follow the same steps I mentioned above and type 'Driving' when logging the activity. An option should come up in the drop down menu below. Select it and enter the appropriate information.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This does not adjust the steps though! Is there a way to adjust the steps. I had mine synced with Myfitnesspal and when I removed it it did so ALL The steps I had that day.

So how do you, or can you, ADD ACTUAL steps not just an activity.

Best Answer

@tgridley,

It's not clear to me what you're trying to do...  Are you trying to add steps or remove steps?

Once we establish what you're trying to do (screenshots would help) then we can give you more details as to how to do it.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was trying to add steps that did not calculate. I figured out that you can add activities but it does not change the actual steps. Not. A big deal!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@tgridley,

Instead of asserting multiple times that it doesn't actually change the steps, why not ask why it's not working for you (or to the point, what you're doing differently), since it does actually work.  So let's go to your activity page.

Here are my totals for yesterday (2020-05-04):

PureEvil_2-1588731393577.png

Note the total steps.

So see that I had no activity during the time from 3:30pm-4:15pm.  So I'll go ahead and add a 3,000 step walking activity during that time, that looks like this (bottom of that page):

PureEvil_1-1588731157731.png

Then click on "Log".

Now, let's see how that affects your activity for that day:

PureEvil_3-1588731673369.png

So let's see here:

1. See the Walking activity show up as you'd expect under the list of activities.
  2. See the steps distributes evenly over that 45 minute duration (3:30pm-4:15pm) when I didn't get any steps.
  3. See my totals for that day increase by precisely the number of steps (3000) which I put on the activity.

Now, that I've demonstrated that it does actually work, we can have a discussion as to why it's not working for you.

In order for us to help you troubleshoot, I'll ask you to post screenshots (like I have) to illustrate what you're seeing.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes