Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery going dead and ads at same time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A funny thing is happening which is reminding me the Iphone battery situation we all heard about a couple years ago.  I love my charge 2 and have had for a year.  All of a sudden my battery started going out after only 3-4 days, after it had been running for a week before it needed to be charged.  There was no slight decline as weeks went along, it happened all of a sudden and has not stopped.  The "funny" thing is that once this started I've had so many emails, pop ups on the app and ads directed at me to "upgrade".  Hmmmm....is this a coincidence?  Want to know if anyone else is experiencing these to occurrences at the same time.  Battery going weak all of a sudden and  almost at the same time receiving  multiple ads from different platforms asking me to upgrade.  If this is not a coincidence, I will be very disappointed and will leave fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

A funny thing is happening which is reminding me the Iphone battery situation we all heard about a couple years ago.  I love my charge 2 and have had for a year.  All of a sudden my battery started going out after only 3-4 days, after it had been running for a week before it needed to be charged.  There was no slight decline as weeks went along, it happened all of a sudden and has not stopped.  The "funny" thing is that once this started I've had so many emails, pop ups on the app and ads directed at me to "upgrade".  Hmmmm....is this a coincidence?  Want to know if anyone else is experiencing these to occurrences at the same time.  Battery going weak all of a sudden and  almost at the same time receiving  multiple ads from different platforms asking me to upgrade.  If this is not a coincidence, I will be very disappointed and will leave fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @flustered12  I’m quite sure this is only a coincidence! I’ve been with Fitbit for about 1 1/2 years and I’ve never experienced any such thing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope so Megabite.  I love fitbit and never had an issue with battery for the first 2 years of my first one.  Its been so odd that both occurrences literally started the same week and has been going on now for 2 months. We've all been made to feel skeptical bc of various unethical practices  some companies do to sell products.  I'm hoping your correct.  Makes me want to upgrade bc of the battery issue, but feel pressured at the same time bc of whats happened.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand your concerns and based on what your describing I understand why you would take pause and notice. But I’ve never has such pop ups or adds occur...oh wait maybe a pop up in the Fitbit app around Christmas time with a Christmas offer from a Fitbit but that’s about it. I would hope that Fitbit is surely smart enough not to purposely drain batteries with some sort of odd glitch hidden in a software update. Realistically I do understand a battery will not live on forever. Mine was keeping charge about 6-7 days brand new but now about 5-6 days. (I don’t find that an alarming decrease to be honest since I’ve added new bells and whistles to my Fitbit experience like alarms and other notifications that help drain the battery)  I honestly don’t think Fitbit is on a mission to destroy themselves so I do believe that what your experiencing is just simply a coincidence. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You might want to check here as well.....open your Fitbit App, tap your profile picture then tap notifications. Scroll to the bottom and make sure you not enabled to receive emails from Fitbit about promotions/product updates etc. that might be the issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @flustered12,

I can assure you it is a coincidence. Any ads you're seeing would be on the phone app or the Fitbit website. They aren't connected to the Charge 2 tracker itself. You may want to do a search on "battery" in the Charge 2 forum, and see if you can find more specific information there to help your situation.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are these popups on the actually Fitbit App, i haven't seen any popups from Fitbit on the Fitbit app. Ocaisionly there will be a banner, but more often this is seen on the Fitbit.com dashboard and i noticed this was posted on the web help board and not the app board. I also have merged your two threads. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, the ads are popping up every time I look at my phone to see my dashboard, and I receive an email  every other day.  I'm not opposed to advertising, but my point is that these started literally the week my battery (on a 9 month old fitbit) started lasting only 4 days instead of the typical 7 days.  Now it is only lasting 3 days.  This is either a fluke of a bad battery or something else is going on. The ads ask me to consider the next upgrade.  I'm so frustrated now.  If I have to purchase a new type of activity watch, why would I upgrade here when having so many issues. If the battery life goes down to 2 days, I'm done with fitbit!  Sorry, but I love what I have, but it has become an inefficient system for me to have in having to charge every other day.

Best Answer
0 Votes