Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better Food Entry

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Allow entering of vitamins and minerals in custom food. Also increase your Indian database with many dishes from around India. Quite frankly your database is not even cover 50% of the food in India

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@akabhirav wrote:

Allow entering of vitamins and minerals in custom food.

Did you see the lower section in the Nutrients section?

Vit_min.JPG

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Am I the only one or is this thing only in web and not on app

Best Answer
0 Votes

@akabhirav wrote:

Am I the only one or is this thing only in web and not on app

@akabhirav - My apologies; it has been a long time since I created a custom food using the app. You are correct, the app version of the "Add custom food" does not allow us to enter those values.

One would hope that once you create the food in the app, if that is more comfortable for you, the web "Edit my Foods" would still give you the extended version of the Nutrients section I showed in the previous post.

This is another instance of where  the web version of food tracking and the app version are different.

Personally, I wish they would replace one of the three tabs in add a food item screen to read "Favorites". I don't care which either 'Recent' or 'Frequent". Or give us a choice. I understand why there are only three as four would look crowded, but let us pick which three of the four. I have gotten spoiled by the Favorites tab on the web version.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes
Currently I am creating a lot of custom foods as the food database for
India is really small and does not contain most of the things that we eat
at home, so I am using a recipe analyser to calculate nutritional facts (
https://www.verywell.com/recipe-nutrition-analyzer-4129594). But yes, after
so long one would expect to have all the features of web to be on the app,
but I guess everything takes time, we just have to tell them that this is
also important.
Best Answer
0 Votes