Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COVID

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I remove the covid hand washing app.?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @daneyp48 

Maybe I can help. Try this:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on your profile picture.
  2. Scroll down an tap on the name of your Fitbit device
  3. Now tap Health & Wellness Reminders
  4. Here you can enable/disable the reminders that you want to receive on your watch.
  5. Now Sync your watch to save the changes.

Does this help resolve your issue? Let me know 

😃 Happy Stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner  You on iPhone?  I don't have Health & Wellness Reminders - wonder if it's Android vs. iOS issue.

This has been an issue with many having no success but I guess some having access.

Here is one sample thread well over a year old about this issue.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Other-Versa-Smartwatches/How-do-I-turn-off-the-Wash-your-hands-reminders/td-p/4452694

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JohnnyRow   As an iPhone user, I can confirm that this path no longer exists on the iOS app (v 3.55).  The Heath & Wellness reminders were there for a while, but disappeared some time ago.  A moderator gives two links in this thread, but there is no mention of H & W reminders in the links.

@SunsetRunner   Please post a screenshot if the H & W pathway is on your app.

@daneyp48   I saw other threads where users can't make these stop.  No moderator offered this suggestion, but it might work.  No guarantee.

• Sync your Fitbit so you don't lose data
  • Remove your Fitbit from your account
  • For good measure, delete your Fitbit app and restart your phone
  • Re-download the Fitbit app
  • Add your device back to your account

You don't say what model Fitbit you use.  I never recommend doing a factory reset as some users have ended up with bricked devices after a factory reset and I don't want to be responsible for that.  If all else fails, you can contact Support for more help.  If Support tells you to do a factory reset, then it's on them.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeW I looked at my Fitbit app (both on my iPad and my android phone) and apparently it has been removed. I personally did not use the hand washing notifications but I did know it existed and notifications could be enabled/disabled by going through the steps I described above. Apparently some individuals are experiencing hand washing notifications without the ability to stop it since it must have been removed before they could do so. Quite odd it hasn’t been resolved for everyone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes