Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cal-in doesn't take into account Cal Burn, shows red

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Theres plenty of nit-picks I have with the app and device but this one is particularly annoying. It also seems like something small ad fixable. Basically the problem is this: I have a calorie deficit of 250cals. It says I should eat 1750 Cals a day for this which is true if I don't do much on that day. I work out a lot and have a pretty active job and tend to burn upwards of 2500 calories a day which is recorded in the app. However regardless of the amount of exercise I do, once I log more than 1750 cals a day the icon turns red and tells me I am over my limit.

The reason for getting this type of app/device is motivation; keeping within the ranges shown; keeping in the green, getting the stars etc. It is very demotivating and it doesn't make sense that the food tracker part of the app doesn't link up to the calorie burn tracker and doesn't take into account calories burned. This is a pretty big oversight for an expensive product and hasn't happened with other products I've tried. Its so frustrating!!! Please change !!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @MSCS.

I definitely understand how it can be frustrating.

This happens because the Dashboard will use some calculations to estimate your BMR and then it will create a calorie consumption goal based on the information it currently has. The more you use the tracker and the dashboard, the more accurate the information will be to how you perform everyday. 

The calorie consumption goal set in there only refers to what you'd have to consume if you go by your BMR only. The best option in this case is to continue using it and making sure you reach that 250 deficit. As time passes, the information will get more and more accurate.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

You seem to be implying that it will change as it gets to know me, however it won't as it docent take into account the calories you've burned, therefore the icon will always turn red if you've eaten more than the minimum calories, even if you have burned well over that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @MSCS.

It should get better as it gets to know you, unless you have manually entered a calorie target goal manually. Have you entered a manual calorie goal?

You can check on it by hovering your mouse over the food tile on the Dashboard. A small menu will come up below it. Click on the gear icon on that small menu and the tile will turn around. If you see a specific number in there it means that a manual calorie goal was setup and this it will not take calories burned into consideration. 

If that is the case, you can set a new food plan so without manually setting a calorie goal an only the desired deficit and it will begin taking your activity into consideration too.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes