Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps showing on different format

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Steps display on watch are now being counted as 2.5k rather than actual steps.  How do i fix this and how did it change?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there, @Sherry200! There are a couple reasons why this could be happening. Please let us know which Fitbit device you have, then hopefully we can help. If you can provide a photo, it would be even better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit Alta HR

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Sherry200! Hi @SunsetRunner.

As @SunsetRunner mentioned, there are lots of reasons why this could be happening. If you are using a vertical clock face on your Alta, this is being done in order to fit the number of steps without taking a lot of space and making it all look cramped. 

If you change the clock face to a horizontal one, this should not happen. You can find instructions on how to change it in here.

Also, I moved your thread to the Alta HR thread as it is better suited for it.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I did get the answer and thank you so much. I love this Fitbit! It's really giving me the incentive I need to get moving. And the prompt response to any question is extremely appreciated!

Best Answer

Hello @Sherry200.

Glad to know that you found the answer you needed. 

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about and discuss in there.

Let me know if you have any question!

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes