Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories Burn't?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So im just curious and i wanna make sure im not cheating myself , my treadmill says i've burn 84 calories but my fit versa 3 says ive burnt 294 calories , im guessing the treadmill is only going on distance and my fitbit is going on heart rate , bmi , and other info ive logged in , I was 24 stone 6 pounds im now 23 stone 1 pounds , so ive lost a massive chunk of weight already , but if the calorie losses are correct by the end of the day when ive done all 3 sessions on my treadmill , ive lost over a 1000 calories , just from walking fast on my treadmill. 

Thanks all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hopefully someone can help ,ill keep this bookmarked 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't really answer without knowing more about your treadmill, but suspect fitbit is more accurate.  But also you didn't say anything about how long your 84 calorie walk was so we really can't judge what number is reasonable.

Some treadmills input lots of information such as weight age, sex, etc; others don't know anything about you and just make a wild guess based I guess on some "average" person.

If yours is the latter, definitely trust the Fitbit; but probably trust fitbit more in either case; but remembering that FItbit calorie burn is based on heart rate, so just occasionally check that heart rate readings look reasonable.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rebook Jett series 100 , 20 minutes 3 times a day , my treadmill doesn't have any of the functions you mentioned apart from the heartrate which i dont use as i have a fitbit. And thanks for the response 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes