Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change the Calorie Deficit?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I like that my calorie intake goal changes with my activity. I would like to be a bit more rigorous. Is it possible to change the deficit to 1500 per day?
Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

On the fitbit.com website it's possible to change the deficit goal.

On the food log page: https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log

By 'food plan' click the left arrow once, a 'plan summary' appears, click the 'edit plan' button and follow on screen instructions.

When eating lower calories overall, if not already doing, see which foods leave you the most satisfied or which leave you still hungry even when eaten plenty from.

Eat when something's off, feeling lightheaded, or when hungry.. (if eating to little and being out of control hungry, possible to overeat when eating).. Cat Embarassed

Best Answer
I do not see a place to edit the deficit. Only to add a calorie number goal.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When setting up a new food plan (on the fitbit.com website), on the screen where it's possible to choose 'easier, medium, kinda hard & hard', there's a link between the prev and next arrow 'set my own calorie target'.

It's only possible to change the deficit with setting up a new food plan, or set your own calories goal.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried while setting a new goal. I think you may be misunderstanding my question. I want the DEFICIT number to be 1500, which is not one of the options. Is it possible to customize that number?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LisaK1213 thanks for the update! Take a look at this post with instructions on how to edit your calorie deficit. Hope this helps! 

I'll be looking forward to your new comments! Cat Very Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

We can't see that post

Best Answer

Hi @dberi, welcome to the Community Forums. 

Thanks for the details shared. Please click here to see the post with the instructions on how to edit the calorie deficit. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Sorry, but it’s saying I still can’t access that post

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ana, I clicked that link but it says Access is Denied. Can you please just copy+paste the content here?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dberi I'm sorry to know you couldn't access the link provided. 

Please try the following steps:

1. Go to your Food Logs and click left until you have the 'Plan Summary'. Click Edit Plan to start.
  2. Once you're there, click on 'Set my own calorie target'.
  3. Then, manually enter the calorie intake and click Done. Keep in mind that by doing this will override the Calories In vs Out gauge and your calorie goal will no longer update automatically based on your activity level.

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes