Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why hasn't my calorie burn goal changed in two years?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Despite losing nearly 50 lbs since I first got my fitbit, my automatically set calorie burn goal has not changed.  It's gotten to the point where it's impossible for me to hit the burn goal since my BMR has dropped with the weight loss.  Shouldn't fitbit be updating the goal to reflect my latest measurements? What can I do to get my fitbit to recalculate?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @joem5687  congrats on the weight loss! Did you go into your profile and change your weight to your current one? Fitbit doesn't know you lost weight, so that might account for it still having the same calorie burn goal.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi There,

I track my weight in the fitbit app.  It syncs with my smart scale, so it has information on my changing weight going back 2 years. That's one of the reasons it's so puzzling to me that the calorie burn goal won't change.

Thanks,

Emily

Best Answer
0 Votes

I notified a moderator about this so they can stop by to assist you. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Odyssey13 , thank you for your help and information.

@joem5687,  a warm welcome to the Community!  Thanks for letting us know about your weight loss. Congrats for that. 

Just to confirm: you placed a calories goal and not a food plan, right?

If so, you'll have to achieve the calories goal on a daily basis. As you mentioned, this is a bit difficult due the weight loss. This goal can only be updated manually by yourself.

If you started a food plan to lose weight on the other hand, you'll be able to set it up again (weight goal incl.) once you reached the desired goal. 

More about this can be read here How do I track my food with the Fitbit app?

How do I track my health and fitness goals with the Fitbit app?

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

I met my weight loss goal and don't need to lose more weight. Does Fitbit adjust my calorie deficit once I meet my goal? I am still losing weight and don't need to lose any more, just maintain.

Best Answer
0 Votes