Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I filter what my friends see?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Newbie here with an awkward privacy-settings question.  My BFF across the country is pestering me to sync (or share) our trackers so we can stay motivated. Great! BUT I realized that she would have access to parts of my profile/logs, such as my weight or what I am eating, that I don't care to share. (She wants us to be "twins" in our health journey, but I have lost weight & no longer eat/drink like she does, etc.) Aside from the relationship issues (I know!), is it possible to filter what friends can see when we sync? Like only activity but not weight and food logs? If so, how do I do that? Right now the privacy looks like facebook, where they can either see all or nothing. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

ou profile and can se@OriginalCyndi   You posted this question on the web dashboard forum.  I looked at your profile and see you also posted in the Charge 5 forum -- the Charge 5 is optimized to work with the mobile app and there isn't much reason for you to use the web dashboard.  It's very easy to set your privacy settings in the mobile app.  Tap on your profile picture > scroll down to Social & Sharing > Privacy.  This gives you the list of things you can make totally public, share with Friends, or keep private.  You certainly can keep your weight private, but share your badges and lifetime stats.  Food logs aren't even on the list.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

On phone app:

Profile pic (top left) > Settings: Social & Sharing : Privacy

Select data field and set to Private, Friends, or Public.

Friends are only people who have invited and accepted.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ou profile and can se@OriginalCyndi   You posted this question on the web dashboard forum.  I looked at your profile and see you also posted in the Charge 5 forum -- the Charge 5 is optimized to work with the mobile app and there isn't much reason for you to use the web dashboard.  It's very easy to set your privacy settings in the mobile app.  Tap on your profile picture > scroll down to Social & Sharing > Privacy.  This gives you the list of things you can make totally public, share with Friends, or keep private.  You certainly can keep your weight private, but share your badges and lifetime stats.  Food logs aren't even on the list.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Thank you so much!!
Best Answer