Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use fitbit without syncing?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm interested in buying a fitbit, but I keep reading posts about syncing and it doesn't sound very appealing. I don't really want to sync it to anything. All I want is to see my calories burned on a daily basis. I don't need any functions beyond that. If I purchase a fitbit, can I simply power it up, get it running and watch my calories each day? Or will I be required to sync it to something in order to use it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

For one thing, you wouldn't be able to set the time.  But if you could get it synced one time, that would set the time.

You have to set your personal data on the app, then sync it to the tracker.  Without knowing anything about your size, etc, calories would be way off.  Again, that's something that I suppose could get set just once.

You wouldn't have any record-keeping of your calories that the fitbit app keeps for you; you would have to write them down yourself each day if you wanted to keep track.

Those are the issues that come to mind right away; there are probably others.

On the other hand, it is not really necessary to sync it often;  once a week is probably often enough if you could do that, but I think you would find you wanted to see updates on the app more often to see all the other data it gives you.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@liquidmetalcop, to add to what @JohnnyRow points out, before the Fitbit tracker can be is used it must first be set up on a Fitbit.com account - until this is done, the tracker will just show the Fitbit logo and display the link to set it up. As part of the setup process it is synced and the time of the tracker is set to that of the device used to sync it.. Once that is done, syncing isn't necessary except to keep the time in sync and to update the data from the tracker to the Fitbit server.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I find it strange that you can't simply program the time and your stats without ever needing to sync to another device. I don't think it's for me. I really appreciate your input!

Best Answer