Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong best step count

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The "Achievement - Best step" under https://www.fitbit.com/weight shows the wrong value. It is showing that my best count was on January 21, where it clearly should be January 15.

Screenshot at 2016-01-31 09:10:25.pngScreenshot at 2016-01-31 09:10:52.png

I'm assuming that this is because the algorithm sorts the list of daily steps and then chooses the "first" element in the array (i.e. array[1]), which is incorrect in programming languages that are zero-indexed.

Others have also mentioned some problems with the step count, which I'm assuming is the same issue:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Best-Step-Count-does-not-match-my-Badge-or-best...

Best Answer
0 Votes
33 REPLIES 33

Thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the Community @nleehone! I hope you are doing great! Have you logged any manual activity? Manually logged activities are intended to help you track supplemental activities that are not based on steps or distance, so they do not count toward step badges.

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 

BTW. I have sent you a PM 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Mine is the same situation.

My best steps was March12 and the dashboard seems to default to January 21st. When I view (click on the date) and manually move it to the correct day i can see it but then it contiues to default back to January date in dashboard.

How do I set the dashbaord to show my best day?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you in the Community @N-FLGirl! I have a question about how you are keeping track of your activity. Have you logged any manual activity? Manually logged activities are intended to help you track supplemental activities that are not based on steps or distance, so they do not count toward step badges.

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 

BTW. I have sent you a PM Smiley Wink 

Best Answer
Thanks for correcting my dashboard
Best Answer

I have a slightly similar issue.  On My Achievements, My Best Step record is for the right day, but not the right amount.  On January 24, while shoveling snow, I achieved 17,385 steps, but the best steps record says 16,928.  I know this is less than 500 steps different, but I would expect the data would display the correct information, especially for the same day.  

Note to moderator: I never manually add any activity of any type.

Wrong Best Step total

Is it a coincidence that our similar problems happened around the same time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anytime my friend @N-FLGirl! It's good to know that now you are all setup! 😉 Keep up the supper stepping! 

Nice to see you here @CameraSue! As you said this is issue is a little bit different. Please double check if you manually logged any exercise or if you are using a 3rd party app, please double check the type of activity. Sometimes, non-step based activities may delete some steps of your daily account. I sent you a PM, also. 

Happy Easter and keep me posted! 🙂 

Best Answer

Anytime my friend @N-FLGirl! It's good to know that now you are all setup! 😉 Keep up the supper stepping! 

Nice to see you here @CameraSue! As you said this is issue is a little bit different. Please double check if you manually logged any exercise or if you are using a 3rd party app, please double check the type of activity. Sometimes, non-step based activities may delete some steps of your daily account. I sent you a PM, also. 

Happy Easter and keep me posted! 🙂 

Best Answer

I have the same issue, Till date my best steps would be 22000+. I had few manual entry but not on many occassion where I had done 20000+ steps. In my badge its shows 5 times 20000+

Not sure whats wrong, seeing lot of issues with Fitbit. Not sure if need to change my device or go away from Fitbit

fiibit1.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @kpriyada! Have you checked if you have any logged activity for the day you reached your goal? Also, I have sent you a PM.

Best Answer

@LucyAP Thanks, this was solved today by forcing the system to re-sync my personal best from Backend.,

fitbit3.PNG

I hope this won't repeat again. Now you gave me a reason to cross my personal best to check if this issue reoccurs. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @kpriyada! I hope this doesn't repeat again. If this happens again please do not doubt to contact back. I hope you crush that goal, just remember to keep me updated so I can also know this worked. 😉

Good luck and keep up the supper stepping! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LucyAP Hello Lucy, I crossed my last best steps and its showing in the system, so I don't see that issue again

fitbit_best.PNG

Best Answer

Thanks for keeping me updated @kpriyada! So great to hear that the issue is solved. And let me congratulate you for crushing your previous goal! Awesome stepping! 

Catch you later! 🙂 

BTW. If you need extra help, let me know. 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'm having the same issue as everyone else here with my numbers being incorrect. How exactly is it fixed? My personal best says it happened the day I got it, on December 25, 2015. My true best was September 30th, 2016 though.

I've checked if anything was entered in the activities log, but there's only a small 143-step walk that shouldn't make much difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome! It's great to see you around @NoctWalker! Can you please double check if you have any logged activity for the day you reached your goal? Also, I have sent you a PM.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I am having the same issues. My best steps acheivment says it was on 2/22/2015 with 5,332 but on that day I had 6,294 steps. Also, my best steps in a day was actually on 5/17/2015 with 29,516 steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A very warm welcome to the Ftbit Community @shamlax79! I'd recommend that we try to log out of your account and then log back in. Doing this can help the dashboard re-calculate the best steps achievement.

Alternatively, do you remember if you manually logged any activity on May 17th? It's imporant to remember that manually logged activities do not count for the best step acheivement.

Please keep me posted on the situation! Smiley Very Happy

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the same boat.

The dashboard has my best on February 6th, but I've had at least 3 days better since then. My best step count was March 23rd. I haven't entered any steps manually either.

Please fix my dashboard to show my best day?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you here @Sundiata08! Have you checked if you have any manually logged activity as suggested by @LanuzaFitbit in his previous reply? Also, I have sent you a PM. 

Catch you later! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes