Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong best step count

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The "Achievement - Best step" under https://www.fitbit.com/weight shows the wrong value. It is showing that my best count was on January 21, where it clearly should be January 15.

Screenshot at 2016-01-31 09:10:25.pngScreenshot at 2016-01-31 09:10:52.png

I'm assuming that this is because the algorithm sorts the list of daily steps and then chooses the "first" element in the array (i.e. array[1]), which is incorrect in programming languages that are zero-indexed.

Others have also mentioned some problems with the step count, which I'm assuming is the same issue:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Best-Step-Count-does-not-match-my-Badge-or-best...

Best Answer
0 Votes
33 REPLIES 33

My dashboard is showing 50,303 steps on February 28, 2017 but I got over 60,000 on March 22. Also it's showing my best floors at 271 but there was a day that I got over 300. It's frustrating because I'm proud of these achievements and they don't even show up. I have never manually logged any activities ever

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue with incorrect best step counts in the dashboard. It says that the best step day was in April last year and I did 2383 steps, but yesterday I did 14982 steps and recently did nearly 20000 in a day and this has not been picked up by the dashboard achievements section.

I am not recording any manual activities and I am getting badges correctly. I have tried ligging out and back into my account but this has not helped.

I hope this bug gets fixed soon.

Andy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @BUTCHER206 and @AstroAndy! Have you checked if you have any logged activity or a third party app log for the day you reached your goal? Also, check your inbox I sent you a PM. 🙂

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Hi @LucyAP, I don't use any third party apps for step logging, only swim logging, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the PM I now have the correct personal bests in the "My Achievements" section of my profile.

Thanks for your help.

Andy

Best Answer

You are welcome @AstroAndy, it's always my pleasure! So good to hear that I was able to help. 😉

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at Discussions board. There you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more! Give it a look! 🙂

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

I am having this same issue where my "Best Step" day is inaccurate. It's saying my best day is May 5 at 10,451 steps when my best day is actually on July 1 at 21,097. I did not manually log this day so it should pick it up. How can I fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @agardner810.

Thanks for checking on this and sharing those details with us.

Do you have your Fitbit connected to any third-party apps? Keep in mind that any activities synced from third party apps are usually logged as manual activities. This would mean that activities synced from other apps wouldn't count towards the best.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't use third party apps. I only use the fitbit app on my phone and on the computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @agardner810.

Thanks for letting me know that you are not using any third party apps. 

Our team is aware of this situation and it is being looked into. As soon as we have any news or updates on the matter we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue as CameraSue noted earlier in this thread. My best day for steps is recorded correctly under Achievements, as verified by the day I earned my highest-level badge for steps. However, the number of steps is not accurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lanuza, I will try the whole log out then back in trick and see if my problem changes at all, The issue I'm having is I seam to get in 20-30% more steps in than my wife on any given day. We both have Charge 2's and on the days we walk and do everything together you would think we would be in the same Zone but I always have many more then her.   I wonder at time if there is a way to do a factory reset since I feel one of ours is not calculating correctly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @iatse480. Hello @Rory1262.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for sharing all of those details and experiences on the matter.

@Rory1262, Thanks for your feedback on the matter! Please know that we take all of this feedback seriously.

@iatse480 Please do keep me posted on how it goes. To further clarify the situation, does it mean that on your Fitbit itself you are getting more steps than your wife or only on the Dashboard once the Fitbit syncs?

Look forward to your reply. Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For both of us it's on the fitbit itself. we do check on the app but not that often. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @iatse480.

Thanks for reaching back with those details. I apologize for the delay in my response.

It is possible that you move your arms around more than your wife when you are walking and thus the Fitbit counts more steps due to day. Perhaps you could try switching Fitbits for a walk and see if the higher count remains on your end regardless of the Fitbit that you are using.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes