Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer connect to Fitbit via my MacBook

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just updated to High Sierra, but now Fitbit Connect not working. Tried searching App Store to download again and it is not listed. Still connected to my iPhone but nothing on the mac

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Hey @RobinHungary. Welcome to the  Forums.

Thanks for bringing this up. Please do know that in order to sync through a computer, even a Mac one, you need to download the Fitbit Connect software, which can't be found on any app store. You can download it from our website and reinstall it that way.

Try to download and install it and give it another shot. 

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply, I had forgotten it was only available from your website. Downloaded and installed. It will now charge but it still won't sink, either remotely or through the connector. Links with my iPhone fine, just not with the mac.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @RobinHungary

Thanks for reaching back and letting me know how it went. I'd like to try one more thing. Try to turn the Bluetooth on your phone off and then sync to your Mac. Please let me know whether it syncs or not.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have this problem but have tried your last suggestion and still no luck.  My Macbook Pro tells me to turn on the Bluetooth on my computer but it is already on. Have tried turning B/T off and on again but that doesn't do anything. However I still get the correct stats on my Macbook dashboard after I have synced on my phone, so there is no problem in that regard

Best Answer

Hey @ickleD.

If you go into the Bluetooth settings of the Mac, do you see your Fitbit listed as a paired device? If so, try to remove it from there and sync once again. Additionally, have you tried turning the Bluetooth on your iPhone off when you try to sync your Fitbit? That could also work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do not see Fitbit as a paired device. Synch is given as an option but when
you hit the button it just fails to connect. And, yes, Bluetooth is
switched off on the phone.

Best regards,

Robin

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

Ditto. I just don't knew if I'm trying to do the impossible 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @RobinHungary and @ickleD.

Thanks for letting me know that you're both having the same experience. One thing I'd like to ask you is if you have the USB dongle or not. Additionally, do you have any other computer or device that you'd be able to use to try and sync your tracker with it and see how it goes.

Please let me know how it goes or if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Dear Lanuza,

I do have a USB dongle, that's how I recharge the battery. It was also how
I synched my Blaze before I got an iPhone 8 that was capable of running the
Fitbit app. The Blaze has almost never synched on its own with the MacBook,
perhaps one time in five. It used to synch with the dongle until relatively
recently, when I had to do a full reinstall. It has certainly never worked
since the High Sierra upgrade to the Mac. It now only synchs with my iPhone.

Best regards,

Robin
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, and in answer to your second question: No. I have one computer, with which it does not connect other than to charge the battery through the dongle. I have one phone, with which it will synch. The whole point of this thread was that I want to synch sometimes on MacBook, as it is supposed to be supported, and yet I cannot.

Best regards,

Robin
Best Answer
0 Votes

Am having same problem but it started on my iPhone, the Fitbit dashboard kept trying to synch, but then it couldn't. I ended up disconnecting from Charge 2 and lost all the data, but it still would not synch. I logged out and had to set up a new account, it still would not synch with the new account. And I keep turning Bluetooth on and off. The fitbit is charged. Now I have downloaded the app to my MacAir, it recognised my initial account, and then I tried to synch again, but it just won't synch. The only troubleshooting options in your manual and/or help sections have all been reviewed, the fitbit is charged, the phone is not near the computer, Bluetooth has been turned on and off. What else?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Plus on the dashboard it says: No devices paired.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @RobinHungary. Welcome to the Forums @TR44.

One more question, have you set up notifications with your phones and the trackers? If so, are the notifications working? What could've happened is that the trackers and your phones paired up because of the notifications, which causes the tracker to not be able to sync with any other device other than the phone it is paired up to.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do not have a dongle.  Just using my iphone to sync and then checking the dashboard on Mac when I feel like I want to.  Enough time spent on this already!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @ickleD.

I absolutely understand your frustration. I will be sure to pass the information on to the rest of the team and if there are any updates I'll be posting them in here. Thankfully, you can still work towards your goals with the setup you mentioned.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the response

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello @ickleD.

You're very welcome. If you have the time, perhaps you could look into one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to discuss in there.

Hope to see you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes