Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Post in a Private Group

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We have a private challenge group that is fairly active.  Members started having problems replying to posts last week - they couldn't do it and others couldn't see any posts that made it into the group.  

Now, we can't even see the members' names and can't get into any topics.  Since this is a challenge group, we generally collect step data and post each week.  We won't be able to do that.

Is anyone else with a private group having these issues?  What is the fix?  Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Is this a private group in the web based activity groups @PatrBi, the doesn't allow private groups. 

Best Answer
It is a group that was created on the Community tab
https://www.fitbit.com/group/22R4ZW Probably not a private group...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @PatrBi, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. It's also great to see you @Rich_Laue, thanks for your help with this situation. Smiley Happy

@PatrBi thanks for bringing this to my attention and let us know this group was created in the Community tab. At this moment I would like to gather some information from you so I can check this further:

1. When was the group created.
  2. Who created the group
  3. How many members does your group have?
  4. When exactly did you start noticing issues.
  5. Screenshots of the group 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hello Marco,

1. Our group (https://www.fitbit.com/group/22R4ZW) was created 96 weeks ago. 
  2. Corinne Stewman (https://www.fitbit.com/user/2DTYXCwas the creator. I (https://www.fitbit.com/user/2RSW49) am an admin.
  3. We currently have 42 members.
  4. We started noticing the issue during the week of January 29th.  One of our members was trying to read responses to a topic she had created and could not view the responses. I checked on January 30th and was also unable to read responses.  Corinne logged in on February 2nd to complete our weekly stats gathering and was unable to see any member details - we use the 7 day totals which are linked from the Steps In... on the landing page.  There were no members listed.  The member names and total month's steps has returned but when we click on the links to get to the ranking for steps/mileage/active minutes, there is a blank screen. (https://www.fitbit.com/group/22R4ZW/leaders?timeWindow=CURRENT_MONTH)
  5. Here are the screenshots.
    Front Page From Activity Group PageFront Page From Activity Group PageFront Group PageFront Group PageWhen clicking View Full LeaderboardWhen clicking View Full LeaderboardListing of Topics with # of PostsListing of Topics with # of PostsResult from Clicking to Read the Responses to Topic - This should have 8 responsesResult from Clicking to Read the Responses to Topic - This should have 8 responses

Thank you so much for contacting me - we do not want to lose this contact with our members!

Pat

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @PatrBi, I hope you're doing well, I appreciate you have taken the time to reply with all the information requested. Smiley Happy

At this moment I will forward this information to our team, once I have more information to share with you about this situation I'll make sure to update this thread accordingly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you might want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

Hello @PatrBi, thanks for your patience. Smiley Happy

After consulting about your issue I'm confident to say that our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. I would like to suggest you to keep an eye on this post by @CarlosCFitbit for updates about this situation

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track, if there's anything else I can do for you, don't hesitate to reply. 

Best Answer

Hi Marco - I thought I had replied.  Late February/Early March the problem was resolved but the fix only lasted for about 10 days.  We can create topics but no one can read posts/child answers.  

Do you know if the team is aware the fix didn't "stick?"

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PatrBi your best place to post this is in the main thread that @MarcoGFitbit has suggested to keep an eye on. See post above yours. 

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes