Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add a second Fitbit to the same email address

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife has had a Fitbit account for a while and she got me one for Father's Day.  I can't find where to add a second device to her account...We both use the same email address for everything.  Do I need to use another email address to create an account for me???

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

You can only have one user per account (otherwise all the data gets merged together) so you will need to set up a different fitbit account using a different email address. If you don't currently have a second email to use then there are free services out there such as gmail.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Oscar-Felix. Thanks for coming in to help @SteveH.

@SteveH is on point in here. It is only possible to have one account per email address, adding to that, you can only have one Fitbit of each model in an account, so you can't have two Fitbit Charge 2 in one account (for example).

Adding to that, it is not recommendable to have two users on the same account given that steps will only get combined into a total and it is not possible to then check what steps come from what Fitbit device. The best way to go about this is to setup different accounts for each one of you. You can read more about creating an account on this help article.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I have a similar but slightly different question - I have two Charge HR fitbits (different colors, ordered second one while band for first was broken).  Is there a way to add both to the same account?  Or do I need to add a second account?  I would be happy to add both to my account since the data in both are mine.  I read that many people have multiple fitbits they can seamlessly use, but I am assuming it is because they are different models.  Any way around this?  When I try to add the second one, it asks if I want to replace the first.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SaraFit18 there's no way round this restriction I'm afraid. You can't have 2 Charge HR trackers connected to one account.

Setting up a second account may not be ideal as there will be no way of combining the data from the accounts into a single dashboard. I think your 2nd trackers has little use other than  as a spare.

Best Answer

Hello @SaraFit18 and @SteveH.

In this case creating a second account would be the only way to use two of the same Fitbit, if you want to use both of them. Aside from that, you could keep the other around in case something happens to the first. 

Thanks for being around to help @SteveH! Really appreciate it.

Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is Stupid... So a family of 5 with 1 email can't use Fitbit!

You have a family account setup to set up your child account... But you limit that to the baby steps fitbits... So We can't setup the Boy's Inspire.  But He's still a child... 

There is no reason to FORCE a Family to have multiple email accounts... The email has NOTHING to do with the device or the user profile it is set too....

Best Answer

You REALLY Need to Rethink how Fitbits work for Families... The App (All versions) NEEDS to be able have a family on one plan without having to have separate emails.

Best Answer

Why can kids only use ace, I got fit bit 2 for my boy and can't add his watch to mine phone ridiculous 

Best Answer

I feel yah! Did you find a solution to this?!? I’m having the same trouble!! I don’t want to have my 10 y/o have an email just to be able

to have a Fitbit! 

Best Answer

Hello @Kedlee and welcome to the Community.  You added on to a hijacked older thread.  Your 10 yo son can only use an Ace model as part of your Family Account.  The Family Account uses the Guardian’s email.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes