Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change profile pic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't update my profile pic. I get a strange AJAX browser error. I've tried this on iOS , Safari (Mac) and Chrome (Win10). Same error everywhere. 

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Hello @Jonwal 

To change your profile picture for the Fitbit forums: 

• Click on Dashboard at the top of this page (between Help & store icon) to open your about page
  • Click on "Go to Fitbit.com profile" under your current profile picture
  • Click on the camera icon in the lower right of your current profile picture
  • This will take you to the page where you can change your profile picture in Personal Info
  • While you're on this page, you can confirm or change that all the other information is correct

We're looking forward to seeing your new profile picture. 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

Hi, that's the process I was going through. It just won't change though. I'm no longer getting the Ajax error but it just doesn't change. When I click DONE nothing changes?? I've tried uploading a screen shot but it won't let me 😞

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue, I select a new image and click done but the image does not change.

Best Answer

I'm having this issue as well, but no AJAX warning though. I've tried several browsers, and as my app is linked through my google account, I don't have the option of using the app to add an user image or cover image that way

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. No warning. It appears to work, but no photo after going through the process.

Best Answer

Same issue here … my profile & cover pics remain blank and I’ve done the correct process ~8 times.  When I “submit” (final step), nothing happens … just stuck on the same screen … 

----

I’m hoping this is resolved someway … it’s extremely frustrating. Fitbit tech support should be monitoring the forum and correct issues that Fitbit users are addressing … Otherwise, why have a forum?? … just sayin’ …

Best Answer

Same issue - I'm unable to remove the photo of my face that automatically pulls from my FitBit account; therefore, I am unable to maintain privacy and comment in the community.

Best Answer

I am also having the same issue. I have tried on both my android phone (which now just shows my google account picture) and through the web browser. Web browser allows me to upload a photo but when hitting "done" the profile picture doesn't update.

Best Answer

I can't change my profile either.  I follow all the steps and then nothing changes.  What's going on here?  And all the issues with the exercise part of the app, glitching constantly on the new screen.  Are the developers asleep??

Best Answer

Happening for me too - can't change profile image (from Dashboard -> Profile).

I tried changing my Google account profile image - that synced to the Android Fitbit app but not to the Community site or Dashboard.

I can get into my Dashboard profile, upload an image, select the portion of the image that I want to use on the profile and click the 'Done' button, but nothing changes.  I don't see any error messages.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this countless times. I get no message but nothing changes. Please  can Fitbit/Google do something about this?

Best Answer

Same issue for me. 

Best Answer

Same here. I can't update the photos. Please fix fitbit! 

Best Answer

Same here, unfortunately.

Best Answer

Any update on a fix for this?  It's still occurring with both profile pic and banner.

Best Answer

It's insane that we are all having this problem, and it is now three months later, and they have not fixed it. Seem very odd for tech support.

Best Answer

I wanted to chime in on this thread because I'm experiencing the exact same issue as many of you. It's been frustrating to see that this problem has persisted for over three months without a resolution in sight. I've seen so many users sharing their frustrations, and it's clear that we're all eager for a fix.

It's essential for Fitbit to understand just how widespread this problem is, and I echo the sentiments of those who have already expressed their concerns. The inability to change our profile pictures may seem like a minor issue, but it plays a significant role in personalizing our Fitbit experience and fostering a sense of community here.

Fitbit has been a part of my fitness journey for a long time, and I believe in the potential of this platform. However, the longevity of this issue does raise some questions about the responsiveness of Fitbit's support and technical teams.

I encourage all affected users to continue sharing their experiences in this thread. The more voices we have, the harder it becomes for Fitbit to ignore this problem. Let's keep this conversation going and hopefully, Fitbit will take notice and prioritize the resolution of this issue.

Best Answer
I have had the same issue as well as not offering a water aerobics exercise
option

Robert Paul Davis
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here...

Best Answer