Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log back in to Windows 10 Fitbit app after logging out

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Was reviewing my authorised log ins and removed all the old entries, which logged me out of my Windows 10 Fitbit app.

Can't seem to log in again. I figured maybe it needed an update, but I can't find the Fitbit app on the Windows Store either.

What's going on? The web version logs in fine, as does mobile, but the desktop app gives a lot of in-depth views that aren't available on either mobile or web.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @D.mo  the Windows computer app was discontinued as of October 13, 2022. You can check your stats on the website via the browser, but the app will no longer let you sync.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

Hi @D.mo  the Windows computer app was discontinued as of October 13, 2022. You can check your stats on the website via the browser, but the app will no longer let you sync.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

What!! Why? In-depth stats aren't available on either Web or Mobile like they are on the Windows app. The Windows app was actually the best Fitbit app available out of Web / Android / Windows / iOS!!

Windows Fitbit app has been working fine for the last 4 months... the infrastructure that supports Windows users is clearly still up / running, and the login / authorisation gateway's just been switched off. Bad move if you ask me - you guys need to feed back to HQ that the Windows app needs to be supported; it can't be replaced by Web / Mobile until the work is done to improve those portals.

Whilst I have access to all 3 domains (web, mobile, windows app), I use them in different ways (the web portal is dismal and rarely used). To anyone analysing usage stats - you'll probably see every Windows user also has mobile or web access, but that doesn't mean Windows app support can be dumped without impacting users.

Best Answer

@D.mo   I looked at your public profile and see that you are a long time Fitbit user.  I understand why this change is bothersome.  I hope a little historical perspective might help.  Fitbit stopped updating the Windows 10 app in 2019, about the same time Windows stopped making phones.  Some time in 2020, Fitbit changed things more when you had to use Android or iOS to set up a new device.  Windows 10 users could still sync their Fitbits.  It's my opinion that this was a quirk and not part of Fitbit's long range plan.  Fitbit deactivated Fitbit Connect at the same time.  But Fitbit stopped making devices compatible with Fitbit Connect before changing Windows 10 compatibility.  Fitbit's newest features are only on the mobile app.  I don't use a PC, do I don't know if Fitbit had some Premium features on the Windows 10 app.  All Premium features that were on the web dashboard got moved to the mobile app.  Any Fitbit/Google watcher can see that the direction is a to a mobile platform.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Windows is the most widely used operating system. Fitbit/Google should not have discontinued the Windows app in my opinion. Anyway, I will still use web version and Adnroid app.

Best Answer

How do you transfer music to a Versa 2 if the Windows App has been discontinued? The IOS app says that I need to setup the desktop application to transfer music..

Best Answer

Not just the Windows app. The Android app has also been removed from Play Store for devices having Android versions lower than 9. That leaves us with one phone out of 7 devices that is still compatible with the Fitbit app or able to sync a Fitbit device. Rapidly approaching the end of the line for Fitbit products in this household.

Best Answer

@ZenMagix   I'm sorry, but you can't transfer personal music to the Versa 2.  That feature was discontinued when Fitbit deactivated Fitbit Connect and the Windows 10 app.

@Ralf_G   Android 8 isn't supported by Google and no longer receives security updates from Google.  You should think about upgrading your phone.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Ever since Google acquired fitbit, it's been downhill. I'm looking into a samsung or garmin tracker to replace fitbit. 

Best Answer

If the app was 'discontinued' in October, why was I able to use it up until March? It obviously wasn't a drain of Fitbit's resources to let me stay logged in, now I'm just waiting for it to properly die as being unable to sync makes it glitchier. I shouldn't have to upgrade my phone to continue using a product that was working fine. Was there literally any reason to discontinue the app other than the screw over users? I had to buy a dongle to even use the thing, now that's worthless too.

At least I know to never waste money on this company again.

Best Answer

With the Windows app disabled for no reason, my watch has been getting glitchier to the point that it can't even function as a watch anymore, so thanks for that. The app continued to work for me until LAST WEEK, so talk about how it was 'discontinued' in October is a load of crap. I hadn't needed to log into the app for a year or more before it locked me out, and if all it needed to do was a yearly check-in, it can't possibly have been a significant strain on your servers. So why do it?

If this was a scam to get me to upgrade, I assure you I'm never wasting money on your products again.

I had to buy a dongle to even use the app, and I bought a two pack of replacement straps just a few months ago, AFTER the app was broken for no reason, I didn't even get to use the second one. Money well spent, huh?

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members. @Odyssey13 and @LZeeW Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the detailed information and the steps tried on your own. As it was mentioned, let me share that the Fitbit app for Windows phone and computers was discontinued back in October 2022. While I understand some of you were able to use it after that, this app is no longer available to install and it's recommended to use a compatible mobile device in order to sync your Fitbit device and use its features.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, and appreciate your feedback. We're always looking in ways to improve the Fitbit experience, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process.

Best Answer

Good afternoon, How can I update my music  as  Dowload my own. I am not  paying for  premium spotify or deezer  that it is not worth

So now we are stuck with no updates for  music    ? thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Daniela263   I'm sorry, but you can't update or change the music that is stored on your Fitbit.  This was described in Fitbit's Help article after the Fitbit Connect/Windows 10 app deactivation was announced.  That Help article was removed from the library.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

thank you  as I was looking for answers and nothing is online only this  chat

Best Answer

So you say you're always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and you do that by removing functions that were part of the reason for customers buying the device in the first place? I'm not sure if you fully understand what "improving the experience" means. Most companies strive to make their product better as a way of "improving the experience". The main reason for purchasing the device was so I did not have to bring my phone when running or hiking and still be able to enjoy music. I presume Fitbit are not refunding customers for the cost of the device?

Best Answer

Hi there, @Daniela263 and @OBCIrish@LZeeW Thanks for your help.

@Daniela263 and @OBCIrish Thanks for joining this thread. As our friend mentioned, because the Fitbit app for Windows devices has been discontinued, it's no longer possible to store or manage the music on your watch. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and I truly appreciate your feedback as it'll helps us to keep working on our devices, features and services.

For any warranty-related inquiry, please check our warranty policies here.

Best Answer

Bring back the windows app.

Best Answer

So what now  with the  watch  when I cant upload and update my  personal  music  ,  there I had this  fitbit  which rebuy  in August last year so I dont have to  carry  my   phone with me as i have a  music   with  in the watch.  I wont  pay  for  subscription to Spotify or other  when it is not what  I want . Are you refunding the customers  who  lost the  service they  jought  your  product  for? 

Best Answer

Agree. Disabling the Win10 app was a bad business decision. It was also my way of assinting when issues arose. Looks like Google have helped me decide to finally get a Samsung watch.

Best Answer