Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set English as my language

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there.

I'm encountering a problem with language regarding my dashboard and my fitbit. This is my second fitbit and I didn't have this issue with the previous one. I've also done a search and not found my exact problem.

I live in Germany but am not fluent in German, so I prefer my language to be English. The app on my phone is in English and that's all okay. The dashboard on my computer is in German. When I tried to scroll down to the bottom of the page to change the language, it was a) grayed out so I couldn't change anything and b) weird. What I mean by weird is that it showed a pic of the Austrian flag but said United States. And again, I couldn't change anything because it was grayed out.

Also, I have an Alta HR, which allows message notifications and other messages to show on the face, but they are in German so I have no idea what they say.

Anyone else encountered these issues or have some ideas for me?

Thanks,

Angie

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @arafuse. Glad you found us on the forums! By any chance, on your phone, under Account --> Advanced Settings, do you have Time Zone --> Set Automatically set to yes (green)? If so, that may be the problem. If this is the case, turn it off and set your time accordingly. Then go to the dashboard and see if you can change the language. Please let me know if this helps. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @arafuse. Glad you found us on the forums! By any chance, on your phone, under Account --> Advanced Settings, do you have Time Zone --> Set Automatically set to yes (green)? If so, that may be the problem. If this is the case, turn it off and set your time accordingly. Then go to the dashboard and see if you can change the language. Please let me know if this helps. 

Best Answer

Hi Carol-B,

That worked! I was able to change the language on my dashboard. Here's hoping the messages on my fitbit will also be in English. Thanks so much!

Angie

Best Answer